* html export: what do codehighlighton/off functions do?
@ 2015-11-12 16:27 Manuel Koell
From: Manuel Koell @ 2015-11-12 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can someone please tell me what these functions do?

```

function CodeHighlightOn(elem, id) {   var target =
document.getElementById(id);   if(null != target) {
elem.cacheClassElem = elem.className;     elem.cacheClassTarget =
target.className;     target.className = "code-highlighted";
elem.className   = "code-highlighted";   } } function
CodeHighlightOff(elem, id) {   var target =
document.getElementById(id);   if(elem.cacheClassElem)
elem.className = elem.cacheClassElem;   if(elem.cacheClassTarget)
target.className = elem.cacheClassTarget; }

```

The only thing I could think of is to toggle some classes, but I can't seem
to find some real world example out there. This javascript code is included
on every export, doesn't matter if you've src/example blocks in your org
file or not.

Thanks

* Re: html export: what do codehighlighton/off functions do?
@ 2015-11-12 17:02 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-11-12 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Manuel Koell <man.koell@gmail.com> writes:

> Can someone please tell me what these functions do?
>
> ```
>
> function CodeHighlightOn(elem, id) {   var target =
> document.getElementById(id);   if(null != target) {
> elem.cacheClassElem = elem.className;     elem.cacheClassTarget =
> target.className;     target.className = "code-highlighted";
> elem.className   = "code-highlighted";   } } function
> CodeHighlightOff(elem, id) {   var target =
> document.getElementById(id);   if(elem.cacheClassElem)
> elem.className = elem.cacheClassElem;   if(elem.cacheClassTarget)
> target.className = elem.cacheClassTarget; }
>

> ```
>
> The only thing I could think of is to toggle some classes, but I can't seem
> to find some real world example out there. This javascript code is included
> on every export, doesn't matter if you've src/example blocks in your org
> file or not.

It is used for "coderefs" links.  Example from unit tests:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(+ 1 1)                  (ref:sc)
#+END_SRC
[[(sc)]]

It will highlight the appropriate line in the html export.

Are you asking us to remove the javascript conditionally on whether we
think it will be used?  This sounds hard.

You can remove the JS via the buffer option html-scripts or via
org-html-head-include-scripts.

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
I hear there's rumors on the, uh, Internets. . .

* Re: html export: what do codehighlighton/off functions do?
@ 2015-11-13 19:55   ` Manuel Koell
From: Manuel Koell @ 2015-11-13 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry, I didn't know such feature exists in org mode! It's just kinda
weird, these function still get called from onmouseover/onmouseout bindings.

@ 2015-11-14  0:07     ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-11-14  0:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: man.koell; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Manuel Koell <man.koell@gmail.com> writes:

> It's just kinda weird, these function still get called from
> onmouseover/onmouseout bindings.

What would you prefer?

Rasmus

--
I almost cut my hair, it happened just the other day

* Re: html export: what do codehighlighton/off functions do?
@ 2015-11-15 23:34       ` Manuel Koell
From: Manuel Koell @ 2015-11-15 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

document.querySelectorAll and addEventListener

@ 2015-11-21 16:44         ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-11-21 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: man.koell

Manuel Koell <man.koell@gmail.com> writes:

> document.querySelectorAll and addEventListener

Do you want to provide a patch towards this?

Thanks,
Rasmus

--
There are known knowns; there are things we know that we know