* N tasks per week with sexp diary entries
@ 2018-02-15 10:13 Gour
From: Gour @ 2018-02-15 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I have a need to schedule some tasks to be executed several times
within some period, e.g. 'exercise 3 times per week', no more, no
less, so I wonder whether it's possible to do it by using sexp diary
entries?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Not by merely abstaining from work can one achieve freedom
from reaction, nor by renunciation alone can one attain perfection.

* Re: N tasks per week with sexp diary entries
@ 2018-02-15 12:42 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2018-02-15 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gour; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thursday, 15 Feb 2018 at 11:13, Gour wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a need to schedule some tasks to be executed several times
> within some period, e.g. 'exercise 3 times per week', no more, no
> less, so I wonder whether it's possible to do it by using sexp diary
> entries?

Not sure if this is possible or not with sexp entries but maybe look at
habits which sound like what you want to do?

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.6-118-g134243

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: N tasks per week with sexp diary entries
@ 2018-02-15 20:08   ` Saša Janiška
From: Saša Janiška @ 2018-02-15 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 12:42:12 +0000
Eric S Fraga <esflists@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not sure if this is possible or not with sexp entries but maybe look
> at habits which sound like what you want to do?

That is simple - there are guided programs for exercizing which are
created by having fixed numbers of workouts per week, but not every
day, and since my daily obligations do differ from week to week, I'd
like to track those workouts and be sure that I'm on the track with
predestined number per week.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
He who is regulated in his habits of eating, sleeping, recreation
and work can mitigate all material pains by practicing the yoga system.

* Re: N tasks per week with sexp diary entries
@ 2018-02-15 20:53     ` Leslie Watter
From: Leslie Watter @ 2018-02-15 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Saša Janiška; +Cc: org-mode-email

Hi Gour,

What I've done is create a separate header for every time I have an
appointment on such exercise and re-enter the schedule for that week.

You can see an example at https://pastebin.com/gULUBspW.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

LEslie

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 6:08 PM, Saša Janiška <gour@atmarama.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 12:42:12 +0000
> Eric S Fraga <esflists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Not sure if this is possible or not with sexp entries but maybe look
> > at habits which sound like what you want to do?
>
> That is simple - there are guided programs for exercizing which are
> created by having fixed numbers of workouts per week, but not every
> day, and since my daily obligations do differ from week to week, I'd
> like to track those workouts and be sure that I'm on the track with
> predestined number per week.
>

> Sincerely,
> Gour
>
> --
> He who is regulated in his habits of eating, sleeping, recreation
> and work can mitigate all material pains by practicing the yoga system.

--
Leslie H. Watter

* Re: N tasks per week with sexp diary entries
@ 2018-02-18  7:43       ` Gour
From: Gour @ 2018-02-18  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 18:53:51 -0200
Leslie Watter <leslie@watter.net> wrote:

> What I've done is create a separate header for every time I have an
> appointment on such exercise and re-enter the schedule for that week.

Thank you for your input.

In my case, there is no fixed schedule per week, but it simply depends
on my free time which does vary from week to week and I only want to be
sure that I did fixed number of workouts per week. Moreover, if e.g.
the program does last 10 weeks, I most probably want to just continue
with it from the 11th week, iow. continuous exercising. So, it seems I
have to create schedule manually...

Sincerely,
Gour

--
He is a perfect yogī who, by comparison to his own self,
sees the true equality of all beings, in both their

--
There is no possibility of one's becoming a yogī, O Arjuna,
if one eats too much or eats too little, sleeps too much

* Re: N tasks per week with sexp diary entries
@ 2018-02-18  8:42         ` Julius Dittmar
From: Julius Dittmar @ 2018-02-18  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 18.02.2018 08:43, Gour wrote:
> In my case, there is no fixed schedule per week, but it simply depends
> on my free time which does vary from week to week and I only want to be
> sure that I did fixed number of workouts per week. Moreover, if e.g.
> the program does last 10 weeks, I most probably want to just continue
> with it from the 11th week, iow. continuous exercising. So, it seems I
> have to create schedule manually...

What I do in this case is create three (different) weekly entries. They
all repeat with a ++1ŵ schedule (starting on, say, a Monday). That way I
can tick them off one by one. As those are displayed in direct sequence
in the agena I can easily see where I stand exercise-wise.

Perhaps that's a work-around you can live with too.

Julius

* Re: N tasks per week with sexp diary entries
@ 2018-02-18 11:22           ` Gour
From: Gour @ 2018-02-18 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 09:42:03 +0100
Julius Dittmar <Julius.Dittmar@gmx.de> wrote:

> What I do in this case is create three (different) weekly entries.
> They all repeat with a ++1ŵ schedule (starting on, say, a Monday).
> That way I can tick them off one by one. As those are displayed in
> direct sequence in the agena I can easily see where I stand
> exercise-wise.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion!! That seems to be good-enough for my purpose. :-)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Even a man of knowledge acts according to his own nature, for
everyone follows the nature he has acquired from the three modes.