* Export: definition lists; ordered lists
@ 2013-03-04  3:35 Alan L Tyree
From: Alan L Tyree @ 2013-03-04  3:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

G'day Orgers,

Problem 1: definition lists when exported to HTML, ODT or ASCII look
just like they do in the ort-mode file. Shouldn't they be "fixed up"
somehow?

Problem 2: I need to export footnotes that are not Org footnotes. They
look like this:

1. This is footnote one

2. This is footnote two

Of course, the exporter thinks that I am dealing with ordered
lists. According to the manual (*if* I understand it correctly), I
should be able to get what I want with:

[@1]. This is footnote 1.

[@2]. This is footnote 2.

But I don't. The exported text looks exactly like the two lines above.

Am I doing something wrong?

(I cheated on the problem by leaving off the full stop in the originals,
but I would like it there).

Cheers, and thanks for any comments,
Alan

--
Alan L Tyree           http://www2.austlii.edu.au/~alan
Tel:  04 2748 6206     sip:172385@iptel.org

* Re: Export: definition lists; ordered lists
@ 2013-03-04  8:15 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-03-04  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan L Tyree; +Cc: Org-mode

Hello,

Alan L Tyree <alantyree@gmail.com> writes:

> Problem 1: definition lists when exported to HTML, ODT or ASCII look
> just like they do in the ort-mode file. Shouldn't they be "fixed up"
> somehow?

Could you give examples of the "fixed up" output you expect in these
cases?

> Problem 2: I need to export footnotes that are not Org footnotes. They
> look like this:
>
> 1. This is footnote one
>
> 2. This is footnote two

What are "footnotes" that are not "Org footnotes"? Do you mean "I need
to use lists instead of footnotes"?

> Of course, the exporter thinks that I am dealing with ordered
> lists. According to the manual (*if* I understand it correctly), I
> should be able to get what I want with:
>
> [@1]. This is footnote 1.
>
> [@2]. This is footnote 2.
>
> But I don't. The exported text looks exactly like the two lines above.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

I'm not sure to understand, but, IIUC, you want a list with counters.
The correct syntax should then be:

  3. [@3] This is footnote 3

You don't have to specify a counter on each item, as numbers of items
below will be incremented automatically.

Nicolas Goaziou