* Cross reference in TeXinfo export
@ 2019-07-15  6:50 Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2019-07-15  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode list

I noticed that the link in the following line in org-guide.org

This document is a much compressed derivative of the
[[info:org][comprehensive Org mode manual]].

gets turned into this in orgguide.texi

@ref{Top,comprehensive Org mode manual,,org,}.

The PDF version of the guide then looks like this:

This document is a much compressed derivative of the org.

So the link description in the PDF version is just "org", the name of the
info node.  I think the link text should be "comprehensive Org mode
manual".  Is anyone familiar enough with the texinfo exporter and texinfo
to fix this?

Thanks

Carsten

* Re: Cross reference in TeXinfo export
@ 2019-07-15 10:09 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2019-07-15 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: org-mode list

Hello,

Carsten Dominik <dominik@uva.nl> writes:

> I noticed that the link in the following line in org-guide.org
>
> This document is a much compressed derivative of the
> [[info:org][comprehensive Org mode manual]].
>

> gets turned into this in orgguide.texi
>
> @ref{Top,comprehensive Org mode manual,,org,}.
>

> The PDF version of the guide then looks like this:
>
> This document is a much compressed derivative of the org.
>

> So the link description in the PDF version is just "org", the name of the
> info node.  I think the link text should be "comprehensive Org mode
> manual".  Is anyone familiar enough with the texinfo exporter and texinfo
> to fix this?

Actually, this is not about the Texinfo exporter (ox-texinfo.el), but
the library responsible for handling info links (ol-info.el).

Maybe we should use

    @ref{Top,comprehensive Org mode manual,,org,comprehensive Org mode manual}

instead. But what should we do when a section is specified, e.g.,

    @ref{Section Name, description,,org,}

?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Cross reference in TeXinfo export