Hi Nicolas, thank you for that pointer. I'll see if I can figure out what is going on and if I can propose a solution. Carsten On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 12:10 PM Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > Carsten Dominik writes: > > > I noticed that the link in the following line in org-guide.org > > > > This document is a much compressed derivative of the > > [[info:org][comprehensive Org mode manual]]. > > > > > > gets turned into this in orgguide.texi > > > > @ref{Top,comprehensive Org mode manual,,org,}. > > > > > > The PDF version of the guide then looks like this: > > > > This document is a much compressed derivative of the org. > > > > > > So the link description in the PDF version is just "org", the name of the > > info node. I think the link text should be "comprehensive Org mode > > manual". Is anyone familiar enough with the texinfo exporter and texinfo > > to fix this? > > Actually, this is not about the Texinfo exporter (ox-texinfo.el), but > the library responsible for handling info links (ol-info.el). > > Maybe we should use > > @ref{Top,comprehensive Org mode manual,,org,comprehensive Org mode > manual} > > instead. But what should we do when a section is specified, e.g., > > @ref{Section Name, description,,org,} > > ? > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou > >