* specifying the coding language resulting from a a :results code source block
@ 2012-06-27  1:08 Greg Tucker-Kellogg
From: Greg Tucker-Kellogg @ 2012-06-27  1:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

I have a Ruby block that creates some dot code.  I'd like to be able to have the #+RESULTS block enclosed
in a src block that starts "#+BEGIN_SRC dot".  Using :results value code generates the enclosing SRC block,
but using the same language (Ruby) used to generate the code.  Is there a way to specify the coding language
of a generated #+RESULTS  src block?

Thanks,

Greg

[-- Attachment #2: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail --]

* Re: specifying the coding language resulting from a a :results code source block
@ 2012-06-27  2:22 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2012-06-27  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Tucker-Kellogg; +Cc: Org Mode List

Greg Tucker-Kellogg <gtuckerkellogg@gmail.com> writes:

> I have a Ruby block that creates some dot code.  I'd like to be able
> to have the #+RESULTS block enclosed
> in a src block that starts "#+BEGIN_SRC dot".  Using :results value
> code generates the enclosing SRC block,
> but using the same language (Ruby) used to generate the code.  Is
> there a way to specify the coding language
> of a generated #+RESULTS  src block?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg

Aloha Greg,

This works for me with an emacs-lisp code block named harris-matrix that
generates dot code.

#+header: :var input=harris-matrix
#+header: :file temp.pdf
#+header: :cmdline -Tpdf
#+header: :results output
#+BEGIN_SRC dot
$input
#+END_SRC

It's not quite what you were after, but it might help?

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: specifying the coding language resulting from a a :results code source block
@ 2012-06-27  4:20   ` Greg Tucker-Kellogg
From: Greg Tucker-Kellogg @ 2012-06-27  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: Org Mode List

Mahalo Tom,

It looks like that's what I'll be doing for the ruby block.  That said, it would be great if the :results code argument would allow a language specification.

Greg

@ 2014-09-11  9:11 Dror Atariah
From: Dror Atariah @ 2014-09-11  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org