Mahalo Tom, It looks like that's what I'll be doing for the ruby block. That said, it would be great if the :results code argument would allow a language specification. Greg On Jun 27, 2012, at 10:22 AM, Thomas S. Dye wrote: > Greg Tucker-Kellogg writes: > >> I have a Ruby block that creates some dot code. I'd like to be able >> to have the #+RESULTS block enclosed >> in a src block that starts "#+BEGIN_SRC dot". Using :results value >> code generates the enclosing SRC block, >> but using the same language (Ruby) used to generate the code. Is >> there a way to specify the coding language >> of a generated #+RESULTS src block? >> >> Thanks, >> >> Greg >> > Aloha Greg, > > This works for me with an emacs-lisp code block named harris-matrix that > generates dot code. > > #+header: :var input=harris-matrix > #+header: :file temp.pdf > #+header: :cmdline -Tpdf > #+header: :results output > #+BEGIN_SRC dot > $input > #+END_SRC > > It's not quite what you were after, but it might help? > > All the best, > Tom > > -- > Thomas S. Dye > http://www.tsdye.com