* Exporter aborts upon encountering even one unresolvable link
@ 2015-09-25  2:50 D. C. Toedt
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: D. C. Toedt @ 2015-09-25  2:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I just updated to 8.3.1 from 8.3beta (from git).  That appears to have been
a terrible mistake on my part.

From this thread
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2015-09/msg00040.html> I
see that the exporter now throws an error and aborts when it encounters an
unresolvable link.  That makes things really, REALLY difficult.  It means I
can't get a complete, working export to HTML (in my case) until all link
problems are fixed in my 22KLOC .org file (which I use to generate
http://www.CommonDraft.org/index.html
<http://www.commondraft.org/index.html>).  That seems EXTREMELY suboptimal.
(I'm trying to be tactful here.)

Worse, the exporter doesn't even generate a list of unresolvable links
before aborting.  That means the only way that I can find and fix busted
links (so far as I know) is to do an export --- which takes several minutes
given the large file  --- and have the export abort on a single link. Then
I fix that one link, export again, and have it abort again. Repeat.
Aaaargggggg.

I started looking at the hooks, as suggested in a message in the previous
thread, but I'm not nearly skilled enough in elisp to be able to do
anything useful.

Any suggestions?

*D. C. Toedt III  **(My last name is pronounced "Tate"; I go by "D. C.,"
which stands for Dell Charles**) *
Attorney & neutral arbitrator -- tech contracts & IP  |  Adjunct professor,
University of Houston Law Center
​Author, ​​​Common Draft <http://www.commondraft.org/> desk book of
contract clauses & research notes   |  LinkedIn: dctoedt
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/dctoedt>   |   Calendar
<https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=dc.toedt@toedt.com&mode=WEEK>
(redacted)
E: dc@toedt.com    O: +1 (713) 364-6545    C: +1 (713) 516-8968
​​

​
Houston, Texas (Central time zone)

Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is not intended
to serve as assent to an agreement or other document, whether or not
attached to this message.