* org-capture-template: "SCHEDULED:" obsolete?
@ 2011-11-05 22:35 Marius Hofert
From: Marius Hofert @ 2011-11-05 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs help

Hi

I set up org-capture-templates like this:

(setq org-capture-templates
      '(("t" "TODO in ~/org/agenda.org -> Tasks" entry (file+headline "" "Tasks")
             "* TODO %?\n%^t\n%a")))

An advantage of using the shorter version is, that the string "Scheduled:" does not appear in agenda view which creates more space for the Todo's heading.

Cheers,

Marius

* Re: org-capture-template: "SCHEDULED:" obsolete?
@ 2011-11-06 10:30 ` Jan Böcker
From: Jan Böcker @ 2011-11-06 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marius Hofert; +Cc: Emacs help

On 11/05/2011 11:35 PM, Marius Hofert wrote:

> Apparently, the string "SCHEDULED:" is not required for an entry to appear in agenda view.

Hi Marius,

cause the entry to appear in the agenda only on the given day, whereas
SCHEDULED: <date> will also cause the entry to be displayed on the
current day if it is scheduled in the past and has not been marked DONE yet.

To see what I mean, put the following entries into an agenda file:

* Test 1
  SCHEDULED: <2011-11-05 Sat>

* DONE Test 2
  SCHEDULED: <2011-11-05 Sat>

* Test 3
  <2011-11-05 Sat>

Because Test 1 it is not marked done, if you refresh your agenda view
today, you will see something like this:

 Sched. 2x:  Test 1

Test 2 does not show up because it is marked DONE and Test 3 does not
show up because it does not contain the SCHEDULED keyword.

(Note that Test 1 will only show up on the agenda view for today and the
day it was scheduled for when you look at the agenda view for a day in
the past or future, for example by using the weekly or monthly view or
going forward/backward with the f and b keys.

For more information, please refer to Section 8.3, "Deadlines and
scheduling", in the Org manual.

Hope this helps,
  Jan

* Re: org-capture-template: "SCHEDULED:" obsolete?
@ 2011-11-06 10:35   ` Marius Hofert
From: Marius Hofert @ 2011-11-06 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Böcker; +Cc: Emacs help

Thanks a lot, Jan, that explained it very well.

Cheers,

Marius