* using variables defined by org mode table in R leads to invalid function error on remote host
@ 2012-07-08 10:17 Johannes Meisig
From: Johannes Meisig @ 2012-07-08 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

adding to this question:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2012-06/msg00677.html

I have the following problem. If I define a table in an .org file and
then try to use it in R as a variable, it's no problem on the local
host. However, remotely I get the error:

Invalid function: with-parsed-tramp-file-name

The following code lines are sort of a minmal example for the behavior:
(leave the first line away for local execution)

#+PROPERTY: dir /foo@bar://home/user

#+TBLNAME: genes
| names              |
|--------------------|
| ENSMUSG00000000031 |
| ENSMUSG00000063856 |
| ENSMUSG00000006056 |

#+BEGIN_SRC R :session :var genes=genes
print(genes[,1])
#+END_SRC

Any ideas? Thanks a lot,

Johannes

* Re: using variables defined by org mode table in R leads to invalid function error on remote host
@ 2012-07-08 13:37 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2012-07-08 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johannes Meisig; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Johannes Meisig <j.meisig@biologie.hu-berlin.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> adding to this question:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2012-06/msg00677.html
>
> I have the following problem. If I define a table in an .org file and
> then try to use it in R as a variable, it's no problem on the local
> host. However, remotely I get the error:
>
> Invalid function: with-parsed-tramp-file-name

On my system that function is provided by tramp.el, so maybe adding

  (require 'tramp)

to your .emacs will solve this problem.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte

* Re: using variables defined by org mode table in R leads to invalid function error on remote host
@ 2012-07-08 19:29   ` Johannes Meisig
From: Johannes Meisig @ 2012-07-08 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Eric,

No, (require 'tramp) doesn't solve the problem. However,
commenting out

(declare-function with-parsed-tramp-file-name "tramp" (filename var
&rest body))

in ob.el does the job. However, this can hardly be the solution (Also,
it doesn't get rid of the error message in the minibuffer).

Johannes