* Clock Table filter by tag or property
@ 2009-09-03 15:11 Miguel Fernando Cabrera
From: Miguel Fernando Cabrera @ 2009-09-03 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Everyone,

First I want to thank all the people that make Org-Mode possible. I have
been using it almost 8 months and it is a life changer. Every week I add
something new to my workflow thanks to Org-Mode capabilities. My setup can
be found in github[1] if anyone is interested in in. I hope to document it
soon.

I was wondering if there is a way to make a clock table to show only entries
with an specify a property or tag. I think it could be useful, for example,
I have to give support to some users (e.g support on application servers and
support on custom software libraries) which can be in different projects. I
want to check how much time I have spent providing support no matter what
project It is related to. So I could use a tag (i.e "support") and generate
a clock report showing the time spentn in all the entries tagged with
"support".

Thanks in advance for your help :-)

[1] http://github.com/mfcabrera/dotemacs/ -> (file orgy.el)

--
Miguel Fernando Cabrera
http://mfcabrera.com

* Re: Clock Table filter by tag or property
@ 2009-09-06 11:41 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-09-06 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miguel Fernando Cabrera; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 3, 2009, at 5:11 PM, Miguel Fernando Cabrera wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> First I want to thank all the people that make Org-Mode possible. I
> have been using it almost 8 months and it is a life changer. Every
> week I add something new to my workflow thanks to Org-Mode
> capabilities. My setup can be found in github[1] if anyone is
> interested in in. I hope to document it soon.
>
> I was wondering if there is a way to make a clock table to show only
> entries with an specify a property or tag. I think it could be
> useful, for example,  I have to give support to some users (e.g
> support on application servers and support on custom software
> libraries) which can be in different projects. I want to check how
> much time I have spent providing support no matter what project It
> is related to. So I could use a tag (i.e "support") and generate a
> clock report showing the time spentn in all the entries tagged with
> "support".

Hi Miguel,

I don't think  this is possible currently in clock tables,
and not so easy to implement.  What you can do is this:

The other, better possibility:  Make an agenda search for
that tag (or a more complex on where you also restrict to
certain people, for example), then switch to column view
with a columns format that contains %CLOCKSUM{:} as a
field.

This will at least show you those times, and the total of them.

HTH

- Carsten

* Re: Clock Table filter by tag or property
@ 2009-09-06 14:32   ` Miguel Fernando Cabrera
From: Miguel Fernando Cabrera @ 2009-09-06 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode