* text ignoring page breaks (was Latex export to A4)
@ 2009-11-23 17:27 Graham Smith
From: Graham Smith @ 2009-11-23 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Well this seems to be nothing to do with the page size as other files
are working fine.  I have now opened a new file and typed everything
in from scratch and still getting the same problem. I have looked at
the tex file and can't see anything obvious,  but as a PDF the text
runs over the page number and off the bottom of the page.

I have attached the file in the hope someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.

For now I have transferred it to Open Office to finish it, but really
need to sort this out. I have upgraded to OrgMode 6.33f, still Ubuntu
9.04

Many thanks,

Graham

[-- Attachment #2: LatexTest.org --]

#+TITLE:AEVRM Method
* Select Project
* Set up knowledge base
** Document management system (Registers)
** Interactive GIS
* Appoint Technical Advisory Group (TAG)
** Present TAG with existing information
** Introductory meeting and training (Risk calibration)
* Braisntorm issues with and list
** Define Risk Criteria (e.g. Nature Conservation Objectives)
** Ecological attributes of concern
** Hazards
** Receptors
** Assessment methods
** Mitigation options
* Set up questionnaires
** Ecological attributes(value scores)
** Maximum sustainable risk (risk scores)
** Existing risks(risk scores)
** New risks(risk scores)
** Mitigation options(value scores)
** Potential assessment methods (value scores)
* Present questionnaires to TAG for completion
** Analyse questionnaires (assess consensus)
** Implement identified assessments
* Update knowledge base
* Present results to TAG
** Assessment results
** Questionnaire results
* Present (revised) questionnaires to TAG
** Analyse questionnaires (assess consensus)
** Implement identifies assessments
* Update Knowledge Base
* Present results to TAG
** Assessment results
** Questionnaire results
* Iterate new assessments and questionnaire cycle
** Continue until concensus or agreed concensus failure

* Re: text ignoring page breaks (was Latex export to A4)
@ 2009-11-23 17:44 ` Ed Hirgelt
From: Ed Hirgelt @ 2009-11-23 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Graham Smith; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Graham Smith <myotisone@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well this seems to be nothing to do with the page size as other files
> are working fine.  I have now opened a new file and typed everything
> in from scratch and still getting the same problem. I have looked at
> the tex file and can't see anything obvious,  but as a PDF the text
> runs over the page number and off the bottom of the page.
>
> I have attached the file in the hope someone can tell me what I am doing
> wrong.
>
> For now I have transferred it to Open Office to finish it, but really
> need to sort this out. I have upgraded to OrgMode 6.33f, still Ubuntu
> 9.04

I think the problem is that you have no paragraphs, just headers.  I hacked
your file to have some random junk in a few of the sections and it turned
out a lot better.

I've noticed this about LaTeX in the past.  Just an outline (section headers
only) often turns out badly.  Once you get some content, everything starts
to lay itself out nicely.

Hope this helps,
Ed

* Re: text ignoring page breaks (was Latex export to A4)
@ 2009-11-23 17:49   ` Graham Smith
From: Graham Smith @ 2009-11-23 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Ed,

> I think the problem is that you have no paragraphs, just headers.  I hacked
> your file to have some random junk in a few of the sections and it turned
> out a lot better.

Indeed, I have just done the same, added a bit of text and it is working fine.

I guess I haven't had a file of all headings before.

Many thanks. That was a big help.

Graham