* List restarts numbering at 1 after table
@ 2016-11-25 12:38 Roger Mason
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Roger Mason @ 2016-11-25 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I have a table in a list, like this:

2. Write stuff in the empty table:
# See http://orgmode.org/manual/LaTeX-specific-attributes.html to get
# predetermined width on export.
#+ATTR_LATEX: :align |p{2cm}|p{2cm}|
|------+--------|
| This | That   |
|------+--------|
|      |        |
|------+--------|
|      |        |
|------+--------|
|      |        |
|------+--------|
|      |        |
|------+--------|
|      |        |
|------+--------|
3. Write the answer to another question here

On export, the list numbering after the table reverts to 1.  Is there a
way to avoid this?

GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (i386-portbld-freebsd10.1, GTK+ Version 2.24.29) of
2016-11-04

Org mode version 9.0.1 (release_9.0.1-47-gb06259 @
/home/rmason/.emacs.d/org-git/org-mode/lisp/)

Thanks for any help.

Roger

* Re: List restarts numbering at 1 after table
@ 2016-11-25 16:41 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-11-25 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roger Mason; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Roger Mason <rmason@mun.ca> writes:

> I have a table in a list, like this:
>
> 2. Write stuff in the empty table:
> # See http://orgmode.org/manual/LaTeX-specific-attributes.html to get
> # predetermined width on export.
> #+ATTR_LATEX: :align |p{2cm}|p{2cm}|
> |------+--------|
> | This | That   |
> |------+--------|
> |      |        |
> |------+--------|
> |      |        |
> |------+--------|
> |      |        |
> |------+--------|
> |      |        |
> |------+--------|
> |      |        |
> |------+--------|
> 3. Write the answer to another question here
>

> On export, the list numbering after the table reverts to 1.  Is there a
> way to avoid this?

See (info "(org) Plain lists"), in particular the following paragraphs:

     Items belonging to the same list must have the same indentation on
  the first line.  In particular, if an ordered list reaches number ‘10.’,
  then the 2–digit numbers must be written left-aligned with the other
  numbers in the list.  An item ends before the next line that is less or
  equally indented than its bullet/number.

     A list ends whenever every item has ended, which means before any
  line less or equally indented than items at top level.  It also ends
  before two blank lines(5).  In that case, all items are closed.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: List restarts numbering at 1 after table
@ 2016-11-25 16:42 ` Charles C. Berry
From: Charles C. Berry @ 2016-11-25 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roger Mason; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016, Roger Mason wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a table in a list, like this:
>
> 2. Write stuff in the empty table:
> # See http://orgmode.org/manual/LaTeX-specific-attributes.html to get
> # predetermined width on export.
> #+ATTR_LATEX: :align |p{2cm}|p{2cm}|
> |------+--------|
> | This | That   |
> |------+--------|
> |      |        |
> |------+--------|
> |      |        |
> |------+--------|
> |      |        |
> |------+--------|
> |      |        |
> |------+--------|
> |      |        |
> |------+--------|
> 3. Write the answer to another question here
>

> On export, the list numbering after the table reverts to 1.  Is there a
> way to avoid this?

Indentation matters. I put 4 spaces before every line under `2.'

2. Write stuff in the empty table:
    # See http://orgmode.org/manual/LaTeX-specific-attributes.html to get
    # predetermined width on export.
    #+ATTR_LATEX: :align |p{2cm}|p{2cm}|
    |------+------|
    | This | That |
    |------+------|
    |      |      |
    |------+------|
    |      |      |
    |------+------|
    |      |      |
    |------+------|
    |      |      |
    |------+------|
    |      |      |
    |------+------|
3. Write the answer to another question here

And exporting to ascii the numbering starts at 1. and continues at 2.
after the table.

Exporting in latex, both items and the table are all enclosed in one
enumerate environment.

HTH,

Chuck

* Re: List restarts numbering at 1 after table
@ 2016-11-25 20:26 ` Roger Mason
From: Roger Mason @ 2016-11-25 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

hello,

Roger Mason <rmason@mun.ca> writes:

> On export, the list numbering after the table reverts to 1.  Is there a
> way to avoid this?

Found it.  Sorry for the noise.

Roger