* Saving within a source code block... a bug?
@ 2013-04-22 15:39 Julian M. Burgos
From: Julian M. Burgos @ 2013-04-22 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello fellow "org-moders":

I just switch to org-mode 8.0.1 and noticed a regression to a
missbehaviour (a bug?) that happened at some point in a previous version and
was later fixed.  This is the issue: I am working in an org-mode file
with R code blocks, and I do C-c' to edit one of them.  I do some
changes, and press C-s to save the changes.  At this point, I get a
request to choose a file to save the changes into (this should not
happen, the changes should just be saved into my org file).  Then I
choose a file name, press RET, and the filename is not created, but
instead the changes are saved into my org mode file.  Then, if I do more
changes and do C-s save again, now org-mode behaves the way it should: I
do not get asked for a filename and the changes are saved in my org mode
file.
Hopefully this is clear.  Let me know if you have questions.
Thanks!!

Julian

--
Julian Mariano Burgos, PhD
Hafrannsóknastofnunin/Marine Research Institute

* Re: Saving within a source code block... a bug?
@ 2013-04-22 15:55 ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2013-04-22 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julian M. Burgos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Julian M. Burgos <julian@hafro.is> wrote:

> Hello fellow "org-moders":
>
> I just switch to org-mode 8.0.1 and noticed a regression to a
> missbehaviour (a bug?) that happened at some point in a previous version and
> was later fixed.  This is the issue: I am working in an org-mode file
> with R code blocks, and I do C-c' to edit one of them.  I do some
> changes, and press C-s to save the changes.  At this point, I get a
> request to choose a file to save the changes into (this should not
> happen, the changes should just be saved into my org file).  Then I
> choose a file name, press RET, and the filename is not created, but
> instead the changes are saved into my org mode file.  Then, if I do more
> changes and do C-s save again, now org-mode behaves the way it should: I
> do not get asked for a filename and the changes are saved in my org mode
> file.

Do you have any special settings regarding key bindings? I've not used
this, but tried to reproduce with a simple example in a file I was
already working on. Here was my block:

#+begin_src R :session r :results output :exports results

  a <- 1 + 2

#+end_src

- Edit with =C-c '= (single quote, not backtick like I first tried as
I edit tables this way!)
- Code is highlighted in original buffer in yellow; new buffer opens
with contents
- Add line =b <- 3 + 4=
- C-x C-s to save, minibuffer reports that it's saving/wrote my file
- The additional line above appears in file
- =C-c '= to close minibuffer

I can't reproduce. C-s, for me, is bound to isearch-forward.

Org-mode version 8.0 (release_8.0-2-g77476c)

Thought I'd see if this was release dependent, so I pulled and did
=make clean && make && make doc= just now and I get the same
[successful]  behavior.

Org-mode version 8.0.1 (release_8.0.1-14-g2e6769)

Best regards,
John

@ 2013-04-23  8:54   ` Julian M. Burgos
From: Julian M. Burgos @ 2013-04-23  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks John.  I have C-s binded to the "save-buffer" function, while in
org-mode C-x C-s gives you the "org-save-all-org-buffers" function.
When running the later by hand, things work as they should.  I need to
redefine my key bindings.

All the best,

Julian