From: Maxim Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: idea for capture anywhere in x
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 14:18:38 +0700	[thread overview]

08.09.2020 12:21, Tim Cross wrote:

> How you add this to a window manager menu or key binding will depend on
> your window manager, but essentially, you just calling emacscleint with
> the argument -e (org-capture). You may need to quote the command to
> prevent shell interpolation of the command and you may need to add other
> arguments, such as -n or --no-wait etc.

Good point. However playing with a script for org protocol, I realized
that there could be no emacs frame yet, so I added --create-frame
depending on output of

emacsclient --quiet --eval \
   "(seq-some (lambda (f) (if (eq 'x (framep f)) 'has-frame 'no-frame))
(frame-list))" \
   2>&1

Another point is to provide feedback (notify-send, kdialog, zenity,
etc.) if emacs server is not running at all (non-zero exit code of the
shell command above). Though since Samuel is already using org-protocol,
it should not be a problem.