From: Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: idea for capture anywhere in x
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 15:01:58 +1000	[thread overview]

> dunno if this is sensible, but istr you can capture using emacsclient?
>
> i really like hte org capture extension in firefox and want it for
> everything in x [which means emacs itself using mouse and what little
> else i run].
>
> my idea was, to emacsclient to call org protocol to a defined capture
> template just like the firefox extension.  this would be alled from
> the wm menu.
>
> is something like this possible?

I don't really understand what it is your trying to do. I don't
understand why you would want org protocol from inside emacsclient when
you already have full access to capture in any emacs buffer, including
emacsclient? You can already start emacscleint and tell it to run a
command (like org-capture) and you could easily bind that to a window
manager shortcut or menu.
--
Tim Cross