* protect slash - suppress markup
@ 2012-01-05 11:37 Lasse Bombien
From: Lasse Bombien @ 2012-01-05 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

first of all: thanks for org-mode. I'm still new to it but love it already.

Now, I need to find a way to produce sentences like "The phonemes /l/ and /n/ …" in my exported documents. However, org-mode of course transforms strings enclosed in slashes to emphasized text. This is usually great, but in my area slashes are used as brackets for phonological transcripts. Is there a way to locally suppress slashes from being interpreted as markup characters (I tried backslashing and double slashes…) or an entirely different way to accomplish this (I tried: #+MACRO: phonem /$1/ …)?

I looked in the manual and the list archive but could find anything. If I missed something, I apologize.

Thanks in advance,
Lasse