* back matter in Org documents.
@ 2016-08-18 21:13 Allen S. Rout
From: Allen S. Rout @ 2016-08-18 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've got a document structure I'd like to use, and I've been thinking
about how to do it.   I thought I'd float the idea, and see if anyone
has attempted something similar.

I'm writing some prose, in which I'm referring to email messages.  In
magical rainbow-pony land, my use case would look something like

-----------

Text text text blah blah relevant point, see [[ref: ./2004-01-13.eml]]
blah blah more prose.

------------

A footnote/endnote signifier would be placed in the prose at the point
of the ref, and the contents of the file would be included in an
appendix section.

I've been searching on 'appendix', and the references seem mostly to
talk about _formatting_ the section we deem an appendix, in the
appropriate style.   I understand the value of this, but it's not my case.

Should I just define a section, #+INCLUDE each email I care about, and
do an internal link?  That's not awful, but it's not nearly as
high-speed and sexy.

- Allen S. Rout

* Re: back matter in Org documents.
@ 2016-08-18 22:10 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2016-08-18 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Allen S. Rout; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

you could do something like [[attachfile:./2004-01-13.eml]] with this
attachfile link:
https://github.com/jkitchin/scimax/blob/master/scimax-org.el#L727

It works for pdf export anyway.

--