* Kill text in org mode
@ 2008-06-11 20:26 John
From: John @ 2008-06-11 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Last week I moved from planner-el to org-mode and find it great.
Thanks to Sacha Chua and John Wiegley for their articles ("Choosing
between Org and Planner", "Using org-mode as a Day Planner").

One should tell all the planner guys to have a look at org-mode.  So much
more convenient.

--------------
I do have two minor questions regarding org-mode:

  1. To kill some text from the mark till the begining of
     a line, I usually type in:
      - C-SPC to run `set-mark-command', then
      - C-a to run `beginning-of-line', and then
      - M-w to run `kill-ring-save'

     But in org-mode `C-a' is bound to `org-beginning-of-line' which
     quits marking region.  Thus `M-w' can't work anymore.

     The same is true with `org-end-of-line' (C-e).

  2. In org-mode I can't seem to `isearch' (C-s) words with accented
     characters.  For instance, when searching for "résumé", XEmacs
     starts searching for the leading `r' and then quits upon typing
     in the first `é'.  This never happens to me in other modes.

  Thanks for your help.