* Org-mode on Cygwin
@ 2008-02-07 12:51 Manish
From: Manish @ 2008-02-07 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Has anyone figured out how to use shift+arrowkeys on Cygwin Emacs?  I
am using puttycyg [1] for client.  I have to use Windows Emacs just to
use this feature of org-mode.

Manish
[1] http://web.gccaz.edu/~medgar/puttycyg/

* Re: Org-mode on Cygwin
@ 2008-02-07 17:46 ` Eddward DeVilla
From: Eddward DeVilla @ 2008-02-07 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I'm not sure I understand.  I use them all the time, but I don't know
what puttycyg is.  I assume you aren't running emacs as a window under
the Xserver and using some terminal emulator?  If so, is there a
reason you don't run it under the server?

Edd

@ 2008-02-07 18:25   ` Manish
From: Manish @ 2008-02-07 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eddward DeVilla; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> > On Feb 7, 2008 6:51 AM, Manish <mailtomanish.sharma@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Has anyone figured out how to use shift+arrowkeys on Cygwin Emacs?  I
> > am using puttycyg [1] for client.  I have to use Windows Emacs just to
> > use this feature of org-mode.
> >

> On Feb 7, 2008 11:16 PM, Eddward DeVilla <eddward@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand.  I use them all the time, but I don't know
> what puttycyg is.  I assume you aren't running emacs as a window under
> the Xserver and using some terminal emulator?  If so, is there a
> reason you don't run it under the server?

Puttycyg is a local cygwin terminal (to replace default Windows
terminal) so I do not have to start an X server or run a ssh daemon.
I find it more easier and natural t$
Apart from simply looking better another reason why I prefer running
it inside Putty instead of X is that I can trigger it with Slickrun
[1].

[1] http://www.bayden.com/SlickRun/

--
Manish