* How to install org-protocol
@ 2023-06-24  9:06 Ypo
From: Ypo @ 2023-06-24  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Hi

I would like to give another try to org-protocol, but I can't find the
package to install it. Is it on org-contrib? A link, please?

Best regards

* Re: How to install org-protocol
@ 2023-06-24 10:21 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-06-24 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ypo; +Cc: Org-mode

Ypo <ypuntot@gmail.com> writes:

> I would like to give another try to org-protocol, but I can't find the
> package to install it. Is it on org-contrib? A link, please?

It is built-in.

* Re: How to install org-protocol
@ 2023-06-24 10:46 ` Max Nikulin
From: Max Nikulin @ 2023-06-24 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 24/06/2023 16:06, Ypo wrote:

> I would like to give another try to org-protocol, but I can't find the
> package to install it. Is it on org-contrib? A link, please?

Have you stuck with emacs or with desktop handler configuration?

In emacs init file you should have

      (require 'org-protocol)

*after* modification of `load-path' if you use non built-in Org version.
You need running server: either emacs should be started as a daemon or

      (server-start)

I have never tried to configure org-protocol on Windows, so I have no
idea if recipes are correct.

https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-protocol.html
https://github.com/sprig/org-capture-extension/#under-windows

* Re: How to install org-protocol
       [not found] <mailman.43.1687622415.11001.emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
@ 2023-06-25 10:40 ` Ypo
From: Ypo @ 2023-06-25 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode, manikulin

Thanks, Ihor and Max!
It's working.
I was stuck first with emacs (trying to find org-protcol.el code 8). And
then I was stuck with Windows.
Next thing I would like to do is to capture fragments of websites, and
to save them automatically with this format:
* Author. Data. /Title/. Website.
Link
Captured text
I think org-remark could do it ¿?
Best regards
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 10:21:47 +0000 From: Ihor Radchenko
<yantar92@posteo.net> To: Ypo <ypuntot@gmail.com> Cc: Org-mode
<emacs-orgmode@gnu.org> Subject: Re: How to install org-protocol

@ 2023-06-25 14:14   ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-06-25 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ypo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, manikulin

Ypo <ypuntot@gmail.com> writes:

> Next thing I would like to do is to capture fragments of websites, and
> to save them automatically with this format:
> * Author. Data. /Title/. Website.
> Link
> Captured text
> I think org-remark could do it ¿?

Do you mean https://github.com/nobiot/org-remark ?
It has completely different purpose - annotation.

If you want to use Org capture protocol, you will be able to get URL,
title, and selected text - see
https://orgmode.org/manual/The-capture-protocol.html
But not author.

I have written a package that extracts more metadata:
https://github.com/yantar92/org-capture-ref, but it is currently written
for my own needs and works only with qutebrowsers and partially (for js
sites) with Emacs.

There is also https://github.com/maxnikulin/linkremark, that has similar
aims, AFAIR. And some other Org capture extensions.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: How to install org-protocol
@ 2023-06-25 15:13     ` Ypo
From: Ypo @ 2023-06-25 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, manikulin

Hi Ihor!

Sorry, I was referring to linkremark.

I tried with org-capture-ref, but I wasn't able to install asoc.el.
Although I am using Firefox, so not my thing.

Thanks!

@ 2023-06-25 16:16       ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-06-25 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ypo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, manikulin

Ypo <ypuntot@gmail.com> writes:

> I tried with org-capture-ref, but I wasn't able to install asoc.el.

You don't actually need asoc.el, except for one example in the readme.
The readme is outdated though. The current org-capture-ref version has
M-x org-capture-ref-capture-url, M-x org-capture-ref-capture-doi, and
M-x org-capture-ref-capture-at-point

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: How to install org-protocol
@ 2023-06-26 10:27   ` Max Nikulin
From: Max Nikulin @ 2023-06-26 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ypo, emacs-orgmode

On 25/06/2023 17:40, Ypo wrote:
> then I was stuck with Windows.

Do you have any suggestions concerning the configuration recipe on Worg?

> Next thing I would like to do is to capture fragments of websites, and
> to save them automatically with this format:
> * Author. Data. /Title/. Website.
> Link
> Captured text

LinkRemark could not do it out of the box. Title format variants are
currently hardcoded. E.g. product description handled in a special way.
Result depends on available metadata and on length of particular fields.
You may however experiment with "object" export format that gives a JSON
object. Depending on your favorite programming language, custom
formatting may be implemented in a native messaging backend or by
calling a function in a capture template.
https://github.com/maxnikulin/linkremark/issues/1

* Re: How to install org-protocol
@ 2023-06-27 11:22     ` Ypo
From: Ypo @ 2023-06-27 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)