* Unable to export to latex
@ 2008-02-08 11:08 Antano Solar
From: Antano Solar @ 2008-02-08 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi ,

I am using emacs version Version: 22.1+1-2.3

I am using the org-mode that is shipped along with this version of emacs.

Though I am able to export the org-mode files as html and ascii .

I am unable to export them as latex.

When I type org-export-as- tab i dont see latex in the list.

Being able to export the file as latex will be very useful and from what I
read  it is possible.

Any help as to how to get this feature working will be really helpful.

With Regards

Antano Solar John

* Re: Unable to export to latex
@ 2008-02-08 11:12 ` Bastien Guerry
From: Bastien Guerry @ 2008-02-08 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Antano Solar" <solar345@gmail.com> writes:

> When I type org-export-as- tab i dont see latex in the list.

Make sure org-export-latex.el is in your load-path.

Then require it, if necessary:

  (require 'org-export-latex)

If this triggers no error, then you should be able to use
M-x org-export-as-latex normally.

--
Bastien

* Re: Unable to export to latex
@ 2008-02-08 11:27   ` Antano Solar
From: Antano Solar @ 2008-02-08 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien Guerry; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Feb 8, 2008 4:42 PM, Bastien Guerry <bzg@altern.org> wrote:

> "Antano Solar" <solar345@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > When I type org-export-as- tab i dont see latex in the list.
>
> Make sure org-export-latex.el is in your load-path.
>
> Then require it, if necessary:
>
>  (require 'org-export-latex)
>
> If this triggers no error, then you should be able to use
> M-x org-export-as-latex normally.
>
> I get the following error now when I do org-export-as-latex

org-export-latex-set-initial-vars: Symbol's value as variable is void:
org-todo-keywords-1

With Regards

Antano Solar John

* Re: Unable to export to latex
@ 2008-02-08 11:44     ` Bastien Guerry
From: Bastien Guerry @ 2008-02-08 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Antano Solar; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Antano Solar" <solar345@gmail.com> writes:

> On Feb 8, 2008 4:42 PM, Bastien Guerry <bzg@altern.org> wrote:
>
>     "Antano Solar" <solar345@gmail.com> writes:
>
>     > When I type org-export-as- tab i dont see latex in the list.
>
>     Make sure org-export-latex.el is in your load-path.
>
>     Then require it, if necessary:
>
>      (require 'org-export-latex)
>
>     If this triggers no error, then you should be able to use
>     M-x org-export-as-latex normally.
>
> I get the following error now when I do org-export-as-latex
>
> org-export-latex-set-initial-vars: Symbol's value as variable is void:
> org-todo-keywords-1

I guess your Org version is a bit old.
What is the output of C-h v org-version RET?

Anyway, as I told you, just download the latest package from Org's
website and come back if the problem persists:

http://orgmode.org/org-5.21.tar.gz

--
Bastien

* Re: Unable to export to latex