* Bug: remember/refiling filing target
@ 2008-07-21 15:02 Wanrong Lin
From: Wanrong Lin @ 2008-07-21 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

There seems to be a bug in remember/refiling filing target
auto-completion prompt, if the target heading text has a forward slash
"/". For example, if my filing target is the following:

* TODO A/B switch needs to be fixed

With M-x org-refile, when I press "TAB" in the mini-buffer to bring up
the filing target list, the above target shows up as "A/", all text
after the forward slash is cut out. However, the actual auto-completion
(by pressing "A/" and TAB) does work.

I am using org 6.05b on Emacs 22.2, my refiling config is:

(setq org-refile-targets '((org-agenda-files . (:maxlevel . 2))))
(setq org-refile-use-outline-path t)

Thanks  a lot if someone can take a look of it.

Wanrong

* Re: Bug: remember/refiling filing target
@ 2008-07-25 14:39 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-07-25 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wanrong Lin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I can reproduce the bug, but I don't know an easy way how to fix it.....

- Carsten

@ 2008-09-17 20:57 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-09-17 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wanrong Lin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Wanrong,

still, this is a difficult bug to fix, because my completion function
keeps the outline path internally as a string.

What I have done now is that during completion, any "/" in the
headlines will be modified to "\".  This is a bit annoying in the case
when you actually need to type that character to move forward with
completion.  However, most of the time this is not needed, and this
trick makes sure that the completion is not interrupted at the wrong
location in the string.

- Carsten