* Numbering specific headings only
@ 2017-04-05  1:26 Mehul Sanghvi
From: Mehul Sanghvi @ 2017-04-05  1:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ML Emacs-orgmode

I am creating a legal document (a rental agreement) using org-mode and
{{{macros}}}.
I have some of the kinks in the document ironed out so, except for one.

----sample document---
#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{fullpage}

* RESIDENTIAL LEASE AGREEMENT

   This residential leased property lease agreement

** LANDLORD AND TENANT COVENANT AND AGREE:

*** DEFINITIONS
    1. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah ablaakjkfjadsf
 kjfkjasdfkhajkfdjakf'asdfhsfh  shdfjhsaf khasdfhaieurh kakshfkasfhouw
kdhfkahsdfjkiu  khdsjfhjf kjkqwn ajhjhb
    2. foo bar foo bar foo bar jkhdfjahf mhaksdfjkaf kjaksfdjkwhefrnm
adfhff kaskdfha kajfhjahroryetha jkasdkfhajfhwohrmahjah kahsdfjhwurey
hajsdfhiwyure hkhsadfyoiytg jhajdfh herhjh kh dahf hasjdfhiwer khkshdfkq
 jkjaiyashd

*** FOOBAR
    some more legal gibberish goes here

---end of sample document-----

When I export the document to PDF, all the headings get numbered.  I only
want to
have the 3rd level heading numbered (DEFINITIONS, FOOBAR, etc.).  I have
got about 50 3rd level headings so far.  There may be more, might get
less.  I don't want to manually number the headings.

How do I go about doing that ?    If I use the option 'H:3' it will do all
headings 3 and above, which is not what I want.

Any thoughts/pointers/suggestions much appreciated.

cheers,

      mehul

--
Mehul N. Sanghvi
email: mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com

* Re: Numbering specific headings only
@ 2017-04-05 13:35 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2017-04-05 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

> When I export the document to PDF, all the headings get numbered.  I only
> want to
> have the 3rd level heading numbered (DEFINITIONS, FOOBAR, etc.).  I have
> got about 50 3rd level headings so far.  There may be more, might get
> less.  I don't want to manually number the headings.

Does this solve your problem:

#+latex_header: \renewcommand{\thesection}{}
#+latex_header: \renewcommand{\thesubsection}{}
#+latex_header: \renewcommand{\thesubsubsection}{\arabic{subsubsection}}

Depending on your usage, you might have to disable counter reset between
sections/subsections.  You might be able to use the chngcntr package for
that.

You might be able to use the Org UNNUMBERED property, though I doubt it.

Rasmus

--
To err is human. To screw up 10⁶ times per second, you need a computer

* Re: Numbering specific headings only
@ 2017-04-05 14:47   ` Mehul Sanghvi
From: Mehul Sanghvi @ 2017-04-05 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: ML Emacs-orgmode