Hi, Thanks for pointers. Using the UNNUMBERED property did not work. I applied the property to the top level heading and the second level heading. I believe it cascades down to the other headings, so everything was unnumbered. The latex_header option worked though. It numbered the 3rd level heading and anything below it as well. For the most part I will not have any headings below that anyway so it should be fine. cheers, mehul On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 9:35 AM, Rasmus wrote: > Hi, > > > When I export the document to PDF, all the headings get numbered. I only > > want to > > have the 3rd level heading numbered (DEFINITIONS, FOOBAR, etc.). I have > > got about 50 3rd level headings so far. There may be more, might get > > less. I don't want to manually number the headings. > > Does this solve your problem: > > #+latex_header: \renewcommand{\thesection}{} > #+latex_header: \renewcommand{\thesubsection}{} > #+latex_header: \renewcommand{\thesubsubsection}{\arabic{subsubsection}} > > Depending on your usage, you might have to disable counter reset between > sections/subsections. You might be able to use the chngcntr package for > that. > > You might be able to use the Org UNNUMBERED property, though I doubt it. > > Rasmus > > -- > To err is human. To screw up 10⁶ times per second, you need a computer > > > -- Mehul N. Sanghvi email: mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com