* Symbol's function definition is void: org-export-dispatch
@ 2013-07-22  2:15 Tom Slee
From: Tom Slee @ 2013-07-22  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Running org-mode 8.0.6 on Windows I get the above error message when
executing C-c C-e. I have experienced this both getting org-mode from git
and from the July 15 elpa install. Still, I see nothing on this list so I
assume I am doing something wrong. Currently I'm on this release

Org-mode version 8.0.6 (release_8.0.6-339-g0b770b-git @
d:/i826690/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130715/)

When I hit C-h b in an org file bufer to list keyboard shortcuts I see that
the other org definitions are linked to descriptions, but
org-export-dispatch is not.

I use a setup based on the the emacs starter kit, so org files get loaded
early in the startup sequence. It makes it difficult to debug and I wonder
if the install is failing somehow.

Would be grateful for any help,

Tom Slee

* Symbol's function definition is void: org-export-dispatch
@ 2013-09-29  8:30 Joseph Vidal-Rosset
From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset @ 2013-09-29  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode list

For the first time I've tried to export into a .tex file an draft .org.

But C-c C-e  produces an error message in my emacs :

symbol's function definition is void: org-export-dispatch

I've tried to read the manual, read the discussion about this point via
google, and I am lost.

Can I find some help? I am a beginner...

Thanks

Jo.

* Re: Symbol's function definition is void: org-export-dispatch
@ 2013-09-29 11:53 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-09-29 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Joseph Vidal-Rosset <joseph.vidal.rosset@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> For the first time I've tried to export into a .tex file an draft .org.
>
> But C-c C-e  produces an error message in my emacs :
>
> symbol's function definition is void: org-export-dispatch
>
> I've tried to read the manual, read the discussion about this point via google, and I am lost.
>
> Can I find some help? I am a beginner...

org-export-dispatch is the top-level function used by the exporter in
version 8.x of org-mode: it does not exist in earlier versions. It
should just work if you have installed org-mode correctly, so the fact
that it doesn't indicates that there is probably an installation
problem. So the main questions are:

o What version of emacs are you running and what version of org-mode?

  M-x emacs-version

and

  M-x org-version

will tell you that.

o The source of your org-mode installation: are you using the org-mode
that came with your emacs, or did you download a different version? If
the latter, did you use a tarball, did you clone the git repo, did you
download from ELPA, or perhaps something else?

Answers to these questions should help to determine your next course of
action.
--
Nick

* Re: Symbol's function definition is void: org-export-dispatch
@ 2013-09-29 14:02   ` Joseph Vidal-Rosset
From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset @ 2013-09-29 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode list