Thanks Nick. You reply helps. I'm using the org-mode development version and emacs-24 in Ubuntu. I am not with my computer at the moment, but I will check my installation tonight, and I will tell you if it works after a clean install. Many thanks for your help. Best wishes, Jo. 2013/9/29 Nick Dokos > Joseph Vidal-Rosset writes: > > > Hello, > > > > For the first time I've tried to export into a .tex file an draft .org. > > > > But C-c C-e produces an error message in my emacs : > > > > symbol's function definition is void: org-export-dispatch > > > > I've tried to read the manual, read the discussion about this point via > google, and I am lost. > > > > Can I find some help? I am a beginner... > > > > org-export-dispatch is the top-level function used by the exporter in > version 8.x of org-mode: it does not exist in earlier versions. It > should just work if you have installed org-mode correctly, so the fact > that it doesn't indicates that there is probably an installation > problem. So the main questions are: > > o What version of emacs are you running and what version of org-mode? > > M-x emacs-version > > and > > M-x org-version > > will tell you that. > > o The source of your org-mode installation: are you using the org-mode > that came with your emacs, or did you download a different version? If > the latter, did you use a tarball, did you clone the git repo, did you > download from ELPA, or perhaps something else? > > Answers to these questions should help to determine your next course of > action. > -- > Nick > > >