* adjustment of schedules in org
@ 2017-03-09 15:55 Christian Brandstätter
From: Christian Brandstätter @ 2017-03-09 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear list,

I am rather new to org and I have a question to practitioners: How do
you adjust your priorly set up dates (deadline extension, etc.)? I would
manually delay certain entries. Thus I would lose the information of the
original schedule. Is there a simple way to keep that information?
Or, differently: what would be a (more) reasonable way to go to adjust
project time frames in emacs org?

Best,
Christian

* Re: adjustment of schedules in org
       [not found] <c40f5a1a0d2c4173be864d2f9ab96e75@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
@ 2017-03-09 16:20 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-03-09 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Thursday,  9 Mar 2017 at 15:55, Christian Brandstätter wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I am rather new to org and I have a question to practitioners: How do
> you adjust your priorly set up dates (deadline extension, etc.)? I would
> manually delay certain entries. Thus I would lose the information of the
> original schedule. Is there a simple way to keep that information?

You could always simply add a note for the particular headline,
org-add-note (C-c C-z), indicating that you changed the deadline or
whatever?  That's what I do if that change matters.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 26.0.50.1, Org release_9.0.3-241-gc3d67b

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: adjustment of schedules in org
@ 2017-03-09 17:17 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2017-03-09 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Christian Brandstätter <bran.chri@gmail.com> writes:

> Dear list,
>
> I am rather new to org and I have a question to practitioners: How do
> you adjust your priorly set up dates (deadline extension, etc.)? I
> would manually delay certain entries. Thus I would lose the
> information of the original schedule. Is there a simple way to keep
> that information?
> Or, differently: what would be a (more) reasonable way to go to adjust
> project time frames in emacs org?
>
> Best,
> Christian

You're probably looking for the `org-log-reschedule' option: that will
let you leave a stamp or take a note if you change the scheduled date of
an option.

I know that would end up doubling the size of my org files. :)

Eric

* Re: adjustment of schedules in org
@ 2017-03-10 22:06   ` Jorge Morais Neto
From: Jorge Morais Neto @ 2017-03-10 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Abrahamsen; +Cc: org mode

On 9 March 2017 at 14:17, Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net> wrote:
> You're probably looking for the `org-log-reschedule' option: that will
> let you leave a stamp or take a note if you change the scheduled date of
> an option.
>
> I know that would end up doubling the size of my org files. :)

Also org-log-redeadline, of course.

--
• I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome corrections.
• Please adopt free formats like PDF, ODF, Org, LaTeX, Opus, WebM and 7z.