* Helm + org-set-tags
@ 2019-07-26 21:47 Nathan Neff
From: Nathan Neff @ 2019-07-26 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello all,

I would like to use helm to select tags for my headings,
and I'm having a tough time getting something to work.

I would like the following behavior:

1) org-set-tags-command would show a list of all tags
in my agenda files using the helm interface

2) I could set one tag for each call to org-set-tags-command.  I've
seen posts that want to be able to multi-select tags, but I don't want to
over-complicate things.

Currently, I'm using helm-core 2019-05-27 and org-mode
9.2.3

I have this set:
;; Always offer all agenda tags in capture and in normal operations
(setq org-complete-tags-always-offer-all-agenda-tags 't)

org-set-tags-command works fine if a headline does *not* have a tag.  I get
helm
mode with all of the tags from my agenda-files shown.  However, after I
assign
a tag to a headline, I no longer see the list of tags when I call
org-set-tags-command.  Instead I see: "Tags: :currtag:" prompt and no
suggestions from helm.  If I remove the tag, then my
tags show up again in helm, but selecting another tag will then *replace*
the current tag
which is not what I want.

Any ideas?

I have removed all #+TAGS: "fast selection" from my org-files.

I have this code on my machine, but it appears not to be working:
https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm/pull/1439

Thanks,
--Nate

* Re: Helm + org-set-tags