Boom -- I got it. I used helm's emacs-helm.sh and got to the "minimal" config necessary to run helm. The org-set-tags-command worked correctly when running in the minimal config. I moved some initialization code from my org-mode-config.org file to my init.el file and I got helm to work with org-set-tags-command correctly! init.el (setq package-load-list '((helm-core t) (helm t) (async t) (popup t))) (package-initialize) (require 'helm-config) (helm-mode 1) On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 4:47 PM Nathan Neff wrote: > Hello all, > > I would like to use helm to select tags for my headings, > and I'm having a tough time getting something to work. > > I would like the following behavior: > > 1) org-set-tags-command would show a list of all tags > in my agenda files using the helm interface > > 2) I could set one tag for each call to org-set-tags-command. I've > seen posts that want to be able to multi-select tags, but I don't want to > over-complicate things. > > Currently, I'm using helm-core 2019-05-27 and org-mode > 9.2.3 > > I have this set: > ;; Always offer all agenda tags in capture and in normal operations > (setq org-complete-tags-always-offer-all-agenda-tags 't) > > org-set-tags-command works fine if a headline does *not* have a tag. I > get helm > mode with all of the tags from my agenda-files shown. However, after I > assign > a tag to a headline, I no longer see the list of tags when I call > org-set-tags-command. Instead I see: "Tags: :currtag:" prompt and no > suggestions from helm. If I remove the tag, then my > tags show up again in helm, but selecting another tag will then *replace* > the current tag > which is not what I want. > > Any ideas? > > I have removed all #+TAGS: "fast selection" from my org-files. > > I have this code on my machine, but it appears not to be working: > https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm/pull/1439 > > Thanks, > --Nate > >