* Switching states without taking a note, occasionally
@ 2010-05-22  5:24 Juri Krivov
From: Juri Krivov @ 2010-05-22  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi everyone,
I have my TODO states set up in a way so that I am often
asked for a state change note, because this is most of the time what
I want.  Example would be
#+TODO: TODO(t) | DONE(d@)
However, sometimes I have a couple of tasks that I would like to quickly
switch to DONE, without going through the noting process.  Is there
a way to do this, to switch task with note-taking switched off
temporarily?
I could not find information in the manual or elsewhere
Thank you very much in advance for any pointers
Juri

* Re: Switching states without taking a note, occasionally
@ 2010-05-22 12:23 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2010-05-22 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juri Krivov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Juri,

Juri Krivov <jkrivov@gmail.com> writes:

> I have my TODO states set up in a way so that I am often
> asked for a state change note, because this is most of the time what
> I want.  Example would be
> #+TODO: TODO(t) | DONE(d@)
> However, sometimes I have a couple of tasks that I would like to
> quickly
> switch to DONE, without going through the noting process.  Is there
> a way to do this, to switch task with note-taking switched off
> temporarily?

You can set the :LOGGING: property for that item:

(info "(org) Tracking TODO state changes")

E.g.,

* TODO No note todo
  :PROPERTIES:
  :LOGGING:  nil
  :END:

Best,
Matt

* Re: Switching states without taking a note, occasionally
@ 2010-05-23  5:30   ` Juri Krivov
From: Juri Krivov @ 2010-05-23  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode