* Sync appointments to Google Calendar
@ 2008-03-07 22:14 Kyle Sexton
From: Kyle Sexton @ 2008-03-07 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

All,

I was wondering if it would be possible to only push certain event types
to an ical export.  I would like to export the event type of APPT only.
I love the idea of syncing to ical, but hate having every item listed
in my calendar.

My end goal is to have an entry like:

* APPT Dentist 10:00-11:00

And then sync that to Google Calendar which can then SMS me prior to the
event occurring.

Kyle Sexton

* Re: Sync appointments to Google Calendar
@ 2008-03-08  1:41 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2008-03-08  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ks; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Kyle,

Kyle Sexton <ks@mocker.org> writes:

> I was wondering if it would be possible to only push certain event types
> to an ical export.  I would like to export the event type of APPT only.
> I love the idea of syncing to ical, but hate having every item listed
> in my calendar.
>
> My end goal is to have an entry like:
>
> * APPT Dentist 10:00-11:00
>
> And then sync that to Google Calendar which can then SMS me prior to the
> event occurring.

No, it is currently not possible to filter through entries before
exporting to any format... But there are plans for this.

--
Bastien

* Re: Sync appointments to Google Calendar
@ 2008-03-09 13:54 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-03-09 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ks; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mar 7, 2008, at 11:14 PM, Kyle Sexton wrote:

> All,
>
> I was wondering if it would be possible to only push certain event
> types
> to an ical export.  I would like to export the event type of APPT
> only.
> I love the idea of syncing to ical, but hate having every item listed
> in my calendar.
>
> My end goal is to have an entry like:
>
> * APPT Dentist 10:00-11:00
>
> And then sync that to Google Calendar which can then SMS me prior to
> the
> event occurring.

This has not been possible so far, but it is now.

If you get the latest version from the git repository, you can do this
like this:

1. Create an agenda view that contains only the entries you want to
have.
    Assuming you have APPT as a TODO keyword, here is one way:

    C-c a T APPT

2. "Write" this view to an ics file.

    C-x C-w /path/to/calendars/org-appointments.ics

This will write an ics file with all timestamps, deadlines, and
scheduling
associated with the selected items.  If you have turned on
`org-icalendar-include-todo', the selected items will also be listed
as TODO items.

You can alos automate the creation of such an export using the means
described in

http://orgmode.org/manual/Exporting-Agenda-Views.html#Exporting-Agenda-Views

HTH

- Carsten