On Mar 7, 2008, at 11:14 PM, Kyle Sexton wrote: > All, > > I was wondering if it would be possible to only push certain event > types > to an ical export. I would like to export the event type of APPT > only. > I love the idea of syncing to ical, but hate having every item listed > in my calendar. > > My end goal is to have an entry like: > > * APPT Dentist 10:00-11:00 > > And then sync that to Google Calendar which can then SMS me prior to > the > event occurring. This has not been possible so far, but it is now. If you get the latest version from the git repository, you can do this like this: 1. Create an agenda view that contains only the entries you want to have. Assuming you have APPT as a TODO keyword, here is one way: C-c a T APPT 2. "Write" this view to an ics file. C-x C-w /path/to/calendars/org-appointments.ics This will write an ics file with all timestamps, deadlines, and scheduling associated with the selected items. If you have turned on `org-icalendar-include-todo', the selected items will also be listed as TODO items. You can alos automate the creation of such an export using the means described in http://orgmode.org/manual/Exporting-Agenda-Views.html#Exporting-Agenda-Views HTH - Carsten > > > -- > Thanks, > Kyle Sexton > > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode