* Data loss when working with agenda + x
@ 2016-08-24  8:09 Michael Welle
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Michael Welle @ 2016-08-24  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

several times I experienced data loss when working with the agenda and
doing something else then, which is yet unknown.

For instance, this morning I opened and closed a couple of tasks from
the agenda view. Then I appended to the org file that holds the tasks.
Maybe I saved that buffer. Maybe I did some other things next. Then I
refreshed the agenda view and the tasks where untouched again, all
logged state data is gone. I found a backup of the org file that clearly
showed that the task's states have been switched to done 15 minutes ago.

I tried to reproduce that behaviour with simple tests, but no success so
far. There must be some condition, I'm not aware of yet. I know this
description is very vague, but maybe you have a hint anyways? It's a bit
annoying if you find open tasks, that you should have been finished a
couple of days ago, and you are not sure if you forgot them or if it's
just state data, that got lost ;).

Regards
hmw