* Use orgstruct-mode to edit TWiki Markup language ?
@ 2008-02-13 22:24 Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2008-02-13 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

We (have to) use TWiki as a documentation tool in my company.
I already use Emacs erin-mode to edit the TWiki pages which is not bad.

What I am really mssing is something like the outline (folding)
possibilities of org!

I know org provides the orgstruct-mode, but the problem is the different
headline format of the TWiki markup language:

Example:

---+ Headline Level 1
    * text
    * text
---+ Headline Level 1
    i. text1
    i. text2
---++ Headline Level 2
---+++ Headline Level 3
---++++ Headline Level 4

I wonder if it would be possible to somehow locally set the regex which
defines what a headline for org is.
As old perl hacker I would say the regex it is something as simple as
^---[+]+\s

A configurable headline could serve in all similar cases where you find
a regular formatted headline.

Of course I would be more than happy to have org produce TWiki markup
language directly...

rainer

* Re: Use orgstruct-mode to edit TWiki Markup language ?
@ 2008-02-13 22:58 ` Russell Adams
From: Russell Adams @ 2008-02-13 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I export org files into TWiki with the following Carten posted:

perl -ape 's/^\*+/"---" . "+" x length($&)/e' input.org > output.txt

@ 2008-02-13 23:07   ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2008-02-13 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

thanks.

thats ok when starting with an org file.

But having to continue to edit existing TWiki files that does not help
and I would at least really like to use the outlining features of org.

rainer

@ 2008-02-14  0:58 ` Bastien Guerry
From: Bastien Guerry @ 2008-02-14  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@diplan.de> writes:

> ---+ Headline Level 1
>    * text
>    * text
> ---+ Headline Level 1
>    i. text1
>    i. text2
> ---++ Headline Level 2
> ---+++ Headline Level 3
> ---++++ Headline Level 4
>
> I wonder if it would be possible to somehow locally set the regex which
> defines what a headline for org is.
> As old perl hacker I would say the regex it is something as simple as

As a starting point, maybe check outline-mode and outline-minor-mode.

(setq outline-regexp "^---\++") will help.

Then look in the menu for the show/hide commands in outline.  Thus you
will have basic folding capabilities.  But not all the Org fun, sure.

--
Bastien