* [FR] org-num-mode inverse defaults
@ 2023-10-15 12:26 Maske
From: Maske @ 2023-10-15 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Hi

 From the first day, I liked org-num-mode, but I think that its default
which numbers all headlines could be problematic.

Right now it only has the options to exclude headlines from being
numbered, so it could be necessary to modify a big amount of headlines,
for numbering just a tree.

I think it would be helpful to have a "positive" way to numbering
headlines, for example "NUMBERED" keyword, while all the other headlines
stay unnumbered.

Bests

* Re: [FR] org-num-mode inverse defaults
@ 2023-10-15 12:40 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-10-15 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maske; +Cc: Org-mode

Maske <maske1foro@gmail.com> writes:

>  From the first day, I liked org-num-mode, but I think that its default
> which numbers all headlines could be problematic.
>
> Right now it only has the options to exclude headlines from being
> numbered, so it could be necessary to modify a big amount of headlines,
> for numbering just a tree.
>
> I think it would be helpful to have a "positive" way to numbering
> headlines, for example "NUMBERED" keyword, while all the other headlines
> stay unnumbered.

You can simply set UNNUMBERED property to t for the whole document via
#+PROPERTY keyword or by customizing `org-global-properties'. Then, the
headings that should be numbered should have their UNNUMBERED set to nil.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: [FR] org-num-mode inverse defaults
@ 2023-10-16 18:39   ` Maske
From: Maske @ 2023-10-16 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Org-mode

Hi Ihor

I added: (setq org-global-properties '(("UNNUMBERED" . "t")))

But it doesn't work, every headline is numbered. (Not tried in emacs -q).

Bests

@ 2023-10-17  3:56     ` tomas
From: tomas @ 2023-10-17  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, Oct 16, 2023 at 08:39:14PM +0200, Maske wrote:
> Hi Ihor
>
> I added: (setq org-global-properties '(("UNNUMBERED" . "t")))

This Elisp code has to be evaluated. Just adding it in an Org
file won't do that.

Where did you add it,and how?

Cheers

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [FR] org-num-mode inverse defaults
@ 2023-10-18 10:37     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-10-18 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maske; +Cc: Org-mode

Maske <maske1foro@gmail.com> writes:

> I added: (setq org-global-properties '(("UNNUMBERED" . "t")))
>
> But it doesn't work, every headline is numbered. (Not tried in emacs -q).

Yeah. Inheritance was explicitly disabled, actually.
I now changed that, but you need to add UNNUMBERED to
`org-use-property-inheritance' to make things work.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=b223a3cc7

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: [FR] org-num-mode inverse defaults
@ 2024-02-18 18:46   ` Maske
From: Maske @ 2024-02-18 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Org-mode

Hi, Ihor

My config, not working yet, everything is numbered with org-num-mode:

(setq org-num-skip-unnumbered 't)

(setq org-use-property-inheritance '("UNNUMBERED"))

(setq org-global-properties '(("DIR" . "data/") ("UNNUMBERED" . "t")))

Maske

@ 2024-02-19 11:35     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-02-19 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maske; +Cc: Org-mode

Maske <maske1foro@gmail.com> writes:

> My config, not working yet, everything is numbered with org-num-mode:
>
> (setq org-num-skip-unnumbered 't)
>
> (setq org-use-property-inheritance '("UNNUMBERED"))
>
> (setq org-global-properties '(("DIR" . "data/") ("UNNUMBERED" . "t")))

Note that you need development version of Org mode for this.
On my side, your settings appear to work.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,