Hi Ihor I added: (setq org-global-properties '(("UNNUMBERED" . "t"))) But it doesn't work, every headline is numbered. (Not tried in emacs -q). Bests On 15/10/2023 14:40, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Maske writes: > >> From the first day, I liked org-num-mode, but I think that its default >> which numbers all headlines could be problematic. >> >> Right now it only has the options to exclude headlines from being >> numbered, so it could be necessary to modify a big amount of headlines, >> for numbering just a tree. >> >> I think it would be helpful to have a "positive" way to numbering >> headlines, for example "NUMBERED" keyword, while all the other headlines >> stay unnumbered. > You can simply set UNNUMBERED property to t for the whole document via > #+PROPERTY keyword or by customizing `org-global-properties'. Then, the > headings that should be numbered should have their UNNUMBERED set to nil. >