* Commented internal links bad in new export
@ 2012-05-06  2:35 Rafael
From: Rafael @ 2012-05-06  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode list

The manual says, in section 4.2 Internal links:

    Targets may be located anywhere; sometimes it is convenient to put
    them into a comment line.  For example

        # <<My Target>>

But if I use such commented targets, then the new exporter does not see
them, neither the one to LaTeX nor the HTML one. Thought you might want
to know.

I'm using Org-mode version 7.8.09 (release_7.8.09-519-geb48e4)

Best regards,

Rafael

* Re: Commented internal links bad in new export
@ 2012-05-06  6:22 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-05-06  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rafael; +Cc: org-mode list

Hello,

Rafael <rvf0068@gmail.com> writes:

> The manual says, in section 4.2 Internal links:
>
>     Targets may be located anywhere; sometimes it is convenient to put
>     them into a comment line.  For example
>
>         # <<My Target>>
>
> But if I use such commented targets, then the new exporter does not see
> them, neither the one to LaTeX nor the HTML one. Thought you might want
> to know.

Yes, this syntax is deprecated in the new exporter. Though, it
introduces:

#+TARGET: something

Actually, the target system have changed a bit. For example, you may try
to export the following:

1. item 1
2. <<itm>> item 2

The item [[itm]] makes it clear...