* Publishing feed
@ 2010-05-28 18:30 John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2010-05-28 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've been looking at the mailing list archive here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode@gnu.org/msg22964.html

I have some questions/issues:

1) is there a 'current' version of org-atom.el? The attachment on the email
listing is from March and there doesn't appear to be a file on the site (
http://ictsoc.de/code/org-atom.html) referenced in the mailing list

2) I've copied and pasted the minimal example to give this a try and when I
execute 'org-export-as-atom' I get this in the buffer:

##########
Exporting...
if: Wrong number of arguments: (lambda (attr elements) "Return atom feed
element.

ATTR is a list of cons with xml attributes.
ELEMENTS is a list of metadata elements for feed." (unless (memq (cons
(quote xmlns) "http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom") attr) (setq attr (append (list
(cons (quote xmlns) "http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom")) attr)))
(atom-syndication-container (quote feed) attr elements)), 1
doing my best can't seem to figure out what the error was. There are a lot
of multi-line comments only marked by quotation marks in the file I got from
git (http://github.com/dmj/atom-syndication/).

- I've got this in .emacs:
(require 'org-exp)
(require 'atom-syndication)
(require 'org-atom)

- This is the code that seems to be breaking in atom-syndication (bit
before/bit after):

/---------------
| (defun atom-syndication-element-entry (attr elements)
|   "Return atom entry element.
|
| ATTR is a list of cons with xml attributes.
| ELEMENTS is a list of metadata elements for entry."
|  (atom-syndication-container 'entry attr elements))
|
| (defun atom-syndication-element-feed (attr elements)
|  "Return atom feed element.
|
| ATTR is a list of cons with xml attributes.
| ELEMENTS is a list of metadata elements for feed."
|  (unless (memq (cons 'xmlns "http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom") attr)
|    (setq attr (append
|                (list (cons 'xmlns "http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom")) attr)))
|  (atom-syndication-container 'feed attr elements))
|
| (defun atom-syndication-element-source (attr elements)
|  "Return atom source element.
|
| ATTR is a list of cons with xml attributes.
| ELEMENTS is a list of metadata elements for source."
\---------------------

Not sure where to go from here...

3) Is it possible to just replace the URL with a file name and publish an
atom feed to a file? I'm guessing that it's a yes but not sure...

Thanks!
John

* Re: Publishing feed
@ 2010-05-29 13:22 ` David Maus
From: David Maus @ 2010-05-29 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi John,

John Hendy wrote:
>I've been looking at the mailing list archive here:
>http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode@gnu.org/msg22964.html

>I have some questions/issues:

>1) is there a 'current' version of org-atom.el? The attachment on the email
>listing is from March and there doesn't appear to be a file on the site (
>http://ictsoc.de/code/org-atom.html) referenced in the mailing list

Yes, there is a current version of org-atom.el located on github at

http://github.com/dmj/dmj-org-mode/raw/org-atom/lisp/org-atom.el

I am currently preparing the exporter for a official release, aiming
at this weekend to finish it.  Please be aware that I am pondering
some incompatible changes to the exporter before release.  I.e. you
could use the file linked above but would have to make changes to your
files after the release.

The error you are facing is due to some incompatible changes in
atom-syndication.el; the file above works with new version of
atom-syndication.el.

The question about publishing to a file, not a URL is a
misunderstanding.  The exporter always exports to a file -- the URL of
the feed must be given in the Org file to satisfy the Atom
specification which highly recommends (SHOULD) feeds having a
reference to self.

Regards
  -- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6
Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 230 bytes --]

* Re: Publishing feed
@ 2010-06-01 17:11   ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2010-06-01 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Maus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode