* how to add cyclic tasks
@ 2008-08-19 12:25 alpesh gajbe
From: alpesh gajbe @ 2008-08-19 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have been trying to add cyclic tasks based on the instructions in the
manual but those task do not reflect in my agenda views for example

* Lecture at Kalina Health center from 9.00 to 10.00
  SCHEDULED: <2008-08-20 Wed +1w>

this is not reflected in the agenda view of the next week. Am i missing
something here. My main aim is to have tasks which are repeated every week.

With Regards
Alpesh

* Re: how to add cyclic tasks
@ 2008-08-19 13:06 ` Paul R
From: Paul R @ 2008-08-19 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alpesh gajbe; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 17:55:00 +0530, "alpesh gajbe" <alpeshgajbe@gmail.com> said:
alpesh> * Lecture at Kalina Health center from 9.00 to 10.00
alpesh> SCHEDULED: <2008-08-20 Wed +1w>

This entry will be push 1 week forward as soon as it gets DONE

--
  Paul

* Re: how to add cyclic tasks
@ 2008-08-19 13:49   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2008-08-19 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul R; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Paul R <paul.r.ml@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 17:55:00 +0530, "alpesh gajbe" <alpeshgajbe@gmail.com> said:
> alpesh> * Lecture at Kalina Health center from 9.00 to 10.00
> alpesh> SCHEDULED: <2008-08-20 Wed +1w>
>
> This entry will be push 1 week forward as soon as it gets DONE

This works for me...  I have a weekly task defined as

** Test Appointment
   SCHEDULED: <2008-08-20 Wed +1w>
   [2008-08-19 Tue]

and it shows up on every Wednesday in my agenda into the future.

I'm using Org-mode version 6.06b (latest from git)

-Bernt

* Re: how to add cyclic tasks
@ 2008-08-19 16:22   ` Ross Patterson
From: Ross Patterson @ 2008-08-19 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Paul R <paul.r.ml@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 17:55:00 +0530, "alpesh gajbe" <alpeshgajbe@gmail.com> said:
> alpesh> * Lecture at Kalina Health center from 9.00 to 10.00
> alpesh> SCHEDULED: <2008-08-20 Wed +1w>
>
> This entry will be push 1 week forward as soon as it gets DONE

Actually, I think this just means it happens every wednesday.  I think
the *following* will do the behaviour you describe, pushing it forward
one week every time the task is marked done:

    * Lecture at Kalina Health center from 9.00 to 10.00
    SCHEDULED: <2008-08-20 Wed .+1w>

From the info pages:

    With the `+1m' cookie, the date shift will always be exactly one
    month.  So if you have not payed the rent for three months, marking
    this entry DONE will still keep it as an overdue deadline.
    Depending on the task, this may not be the best way to handle it.
    For example, if you forgot to call you father for 3 weeks, it does
    not make sense to call him 3 times in a single day to make up for
    it.  Finally, there are tasks like changing batteries which should
    always repeat a certain time after the last time you did it.  For
    these tasks, Org mode has special repeaters markers with `++' and
    `.+'.  For example:

HTH,
Ross

* Re: how to add cyclic tasks
@ 2008-08-19 17:54     ` Ross Patterson
From: Ross Patterson @ 2008-08-19 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Ross Patterson <me@rpatterson.net> writes:

> Paul R <paul.r.ml@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 17:55:00 +0530, "alpesh gajbe" <alpeshgajbe@gmail.com> said:
>> alpesh> * Lecture at Kalina Health center from 9.00 to 10.00
>> alpesh> SCHEDULED: <2008-08-20 Wed +1w>
>>
>> This entry will be push 1 week forward as soon as it gets DONE
>
> Actually, I think this just means it happens every wednesday.  I think
> the *following* will do the behaviour you describe, pushing it forward
> one week every time the task is marked done:
>
>     * Lecture at Kalina Health center from 9.00 to 10.00
>     SCHEDULED: <2008-08-20 Wed .+1w>
>
> From the info pages:
>
>     With the `+1m' cookie, the date shift will always be exactly one
>     month.  So if you have not payed the rent for three months, marking
>     this entry DONE will still keep it as an overdue deadline.
>     Depending on the task, this may not be the best way to handle it.
>     For example, if you forgot to call you father for 3 weeks, it does
>     not make sense to call him 3 times in a single day to make up for
>     it.  Finally, there are tasks like changing batteries which should
>     always repeat a certain time after the last time you did it.  For
>     these tasks, Org mode has special repeaters markers with `++' and
>     `.+'.  For example:

Nope, I misread it and now I understand it better.  Well I've helped
myself if no one else.  :/

Ross