From: Ross Patterson <me@rpatterson.net>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: how to add cyclic tasks
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:22:20 -0700	[thread overview]

Paul R <paul.r.ml@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 17:55:00 +0530, "alpesh gajbe" <alpeshgajbe@gmail.com> said:
> alpesh> * Lecture at Kalina Health center from 9.00 to 10.00
> alpesh> SCHEDULED: <2008-08-20 Wed +1w>
>
> This entry will be push 1 week forward as soon as it gets DONE

Actually, I think this just means it happens every wednesday.  I think
the *following* will do the behaviour you describe, pushing it forward
one week every time the task is marked done:

    * Lecture at Kalina Health center from 9.00 to 10.00
    SCHEDULED: <2008-08-20 Wed .+1w>

From the info pages:

    With the `+1m' cookie, the date shift will always be exactly one
    month.  So if you have not payed the rent for three months, marking
    this entry DONE will still keep it as an overdue deadline.
    Depending on the task, this may not be the best way to handle it.
    For example, if you forgot to call you father for 3 weeks, it does
    not make sense to call him 3 times in a single day to make up for
    it.  Finally, there are tasks like changing batteries which should
    always repeat a certain time after the last time you did it.  For
    these tasks, Org mode has special repeaters markers with `++' and
    `.+'.  For example:

HTH,
Ross