* org mode columns don't work on xemacs 21
@ 2008-03-22 16:18 Jose Robins
       [not found] ` <2BA1C7FD-52FA-414B-A5A1-74A3CA5ADFD1@science.uva.nl>
From: Jose Robins @ 2008-03-22 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I use org-mode 5.21 with xemacs 21.4.21. When I try to use the column features in org -mode, I get a message that emacs 22 is needed for this to work.
Question:
- Is there any patch or something that I can apply to xemacs 21.4 for this work?
- What specific feature in emacs 22 helps this to work?

Thanks,
Jose

* Re: org mode columns don't work on xemacs 21
@ 2008-03-22 18:09 ` Eddward DeVilla
       [not found] ` <2BA1C7FD-52FA-414B-A5A1-74A3CA5ADFD1@science.uva.nl>
From: Eddward DeVilla @ 2008-03-22 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jose Robins; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I think the answer is no.  Columns view I believe is dependent on
emacs 22+ features.  It can't be used in emacs 21 or xemacs.  Carsten
has been really good about keeping features portable, so I would guess
that what ever prevents it from working is substantial.  I'm afraid I
don't know the details.

Edd

@ 2008-03-23 19:50   ` Jose Robins
From: Jose Robins @ 2008-03-23 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)