* Library of Babel
@ 2017-09-10  0:33 Charles Millar
From: Charles Millar @ 2017-09-10  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

First. Should Sections 14.5 and 14.6 of the manual need revision since
lob has been moved to Worg? Or at least a reference to Worg site be
inserted.

Second: Am I correct that ob-lob.el has not been removed so that I can
ingest my own source code blocks into, e.g. some/directory/cm-lob?

Charlie Millar

* Re: Library of Babel
@ 2017-09-14 13:47 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-09-14 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Millar; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

Charles Millar <millarc@verizon.net> writes:

> First. Should Sections 14.5 and 14.6 of the manual need revision since
> lob has been moved to Worg? Or at least a reference to Worg site be
> inserted.

Indeed. Would you want to provide a patch for that?

> Second: Am I correct that ob-lob.el has not been removed so that I can
> ingest my own source code blocks into, e.g. some/directory/cm-lob?

That's correct.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Library of Babel
@ 2017-09-15 21:02   ` Charles Millar
From: Charles Millar @ 2017-09-15 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On 09/14/17 09:47, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Charles Millar <millarc@verizon.net> writes:
>
>> First. Should Sections 14.5 and 14.6 of the manual need revision since
>> lob has been moved to Worg? Or at least a reference to Worg site be
>> inserted.
> Indeed. Would you want to provide a patch for that?
Thank you for the opportunity; I will leave this one to the experts.

Not only does the manual's pdf version need an update so does the
Library of Babel Node in Org Mode info. Please note, the pdf and the
info versions differ from each other. For example, the info version has
two additional paragraphs and states that the lob is in the contrib
directory, etc.

Org mode version 9.1 (release_9.1-71-g8383f7.dirty @
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/lisp/

Charlie Millar

* Re: Library of Babel
@ 2017-09-15 23:15     ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2017-09-15 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Millar, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Charles Millar <millarc@verizon.net> writes:

> On 09/14/17 09:47, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Charles Millar <millarc@verizon.net> writes:
>>
>>> First. Should Sections 14.5 and 14.6 of the manual need revision since
>>> lob has been moved to Worg? Or at least a reference to Worg site be
>>> inserted.
>> Indeed. Would you want to provide a patch for that?
> Thank you for the opportunity; I will leave this one to the experts.

Not an expert, but I've at least updated org.texi's Library of Babel
section (14.6) to point to Worg.  I'm not sure what needs updated in
section 14.5.

> Not only does the manual's pdf version need an update so does the
> Library of Babel Node in Org Mode info. Please note, the pdf and the
> info versions differ from each other. For example, the info version has
> two additional paragraphs and states that the lob is in the contrib
> directory, etc.

I don't understand.  Aren't the Info and PDF manuals generated from the
same org.texi file?

'make doc' runs

  makeinfo --no-split org.texi -o org

and

  texi2pdf --batch --clean --expand org.texi

--
Kyle

* Re: Library of Babel
@ 2017-09-16  0:46       ` Charles Millar
From: Charles Millar @ 2017-09-16  0:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On 09/15/17 19:15, Kyle Meyer wrote:
> Charles Millar <millarc@verizon.net> writes:
>
>> On 09/14/17 09:47, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

>>> Indeed. Would you want to provide a patch for that?
>> Thank you for the opportunity; I will leave this one to the experts.
> Not an expert, but I've at least updated org.texi's Library of Babel
> section (14.6) to point to Worg.  I'm not sure what needs updated in
> section 14.5.
Nothing; you are correct.
>> Not only does the manual's pdf version need an update so does the
>> Library of Babel Node in Org Mode info. Please note, the pdf and the
>> info versions differ from each other. For example, the info version has
>> two additional paragraphs and states that the lob is in the contrib
>> directory, etc.
> I don't understand.  Aren't the Info and PDF manuals generated from the
> same org.texi file?
>
> 'make doc' runs
>
>    makeinfo --no-split org.texi -o org
>
> and
>
>    texi2pdf --batch --clean --expand org.texi

My bad; the command line info pulls up an old orgmode info mode loaded
with, I guess emacs 24.

Charlie