* org-capture, datetree, and tags
@ 2013-02-19 12:25 Jeffrey Brent McBeth
From: Jeffrey Brent McBeth @ 2013-02-19 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm trying to capture into a datetree using org-capture, but if my tree has a tag on it (in particular noexport), then it creates a new datetree instead of using the one I have.
Example .emacs:
(global-set-key "\C-cc" 'org-capture)
(setq org-capture-templates
	'(("t" "Test" plain (file+datetree "~/Test.org")
		"%^{Greeting} World
I'm going to work this time")))

Example Test.org:

* 2013								   :noexport:
** 2013-02 February
*** 2013-02-19 Tuesday
Hello World
I'm going to work this time

So, based on the above, if I type C-cct Silly C-cc, I'll get this:

* 2013								   :noexport:
** 2013-02 February
*** 2013-02-19 Tuesday
Hello World
I'm going to work this time
* 2013
** 2013-02 February
*** 2013-02-19 Tuesday
Silly World
I'm going to work this time

Thanks for your attention,
 Jeffrey McBeth
--
"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over
 the man who cannot read them."