* Specifying ATTR_LATEX document wide?
@ 2015-06-02 10:17 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2015-06-02 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

In one document, I would like to make two changes how images are
inserted in LaTeX / pdf documents, namely:

1) have no re-sizing, i.e.

,----
| \includegraphics[]{./output/fig_crossValidationDefaultByUA.pdf}
`----

instead of

,----
| \includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{./output/fig_crossValidationDefaultByUA.pdf}
`----

and

2) have no floats, even if a caption is given or use the :placement [H]
with the float package.

According to
[[info:org#LaTeX%20specific%20attributes][info:org#LaTeX specific attributes]]
I can use

#+ATTR_LATEX: :float nil

or

#+ATTR_LATEX: :placement [H]

for (2), but I have no idea how I can do (1).

Additionally:

Is there a way of setting this globally fir the actual document
(document header?), so that I don't have to add this line to all my
hundred images (OK - only about 70 - but still to many)?

Thanks,

Rainer

Stellenbosch University
South Africa

Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
Cell:       +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98
Fax :       +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44

Fax (D):    +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44

email:      Rainer@krugs.de

Skype:      RMkrug

PGP: 0x0F52F982

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Specifying ATTR_LATEX document wide?
@ 2015-06-02 11:12 ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2015-06-02 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, Jun 02, 2015 at 12:17:04PM +0200, Rainer M Krug wrote:

> Hi
>
> In one document, I would like to make two changes how images are
> inserted in LaTeX / pdf documents, namely:
>
> 1) have no re-sizing, i.e.
>
> ,----
> | \includegraphics[]{./output/fig_crossValidationDefaultByUA.pdf}
> `----

Does the following work equivalently for you?

  #+attr_LaTeX: :width \linewidth

> Is there a way of setting this globally fir the actual document
> (document header?), so that I don't have to add this line to all my
> hundred images (OK - only about 70 - but still to many)?

Maybe use babel blocks for this?  Input files from a list or table, echo
them back with a common #+attr_latex line?

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu

* Re: Specifying ATTR_LATEX document wide?
@ 2015-06-02 13:49 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-06-02 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> In one document, I would like to make two changes how images are
> inserted in LaTeX / pdf documents, namely:
>
> 1) have no re-sizing, i.e.
>
> ,----
> | \includegraphics[]{./output/fig_crossValidationDefaultByUA.pdf}
> `----
>
> instead of
>
> ,----
> | \includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{./output/fig_crossValidationDefaultByUA.pdf}
> `----

  #+BIND: org-latex-image-default-width ""

> and
>
> 2) have no floats, even if a caption is given or use the :placement [H]
> with the float package.
>
> According to
> [[info:org#LaTeX%20specific%20attributes][info:org#LaTeX specific attributes]]
> I can use
>
> #+ATTR_LATEX: :float nil
>
> or
>
> #+ATTR_LATEX: :placement [H]

  #+BIND: org-latex-default-figure-position "H"

Of course, this assumes, `org-export-allow-bind-keywords' is non-nil.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Specifying ATTR_LATEX document wide?
@ 2015-06-03  8:10   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2015-06-03  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Hello,
>
> Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:
>
>> In one document, I would like to make two changes how images are
>> inserted in LaTeX / pdf documents, namely:
>>
>> 1) have no re-sizing, i.e.
>>
>> ,----
>> | \includegraphics[]{./output/fig_crossValidationDefaultByUA.pdf}
>> `----
>>
>> instead of
>>
>> ,----
>> | \includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{./output/fig_crossValidationDefaultByUA.pdf}
>> `----
>
>   #+BIND: org-latex-image-default-width ""
>
>> and
>>
>> 2) have no floats, even if a caption is given or use the :placement [H]
>> with the float package.
>>
>> According to
>> [[info:org#LaTeX%20specific%20attributes][info:org#LaTeX specific attributes]]
>> I can use
>>
>> #+ATTR_LATEX: :float nil
>>
>> or
>>
>> #+ATTR_LATEX: :placement [H]
>
>   #+BIND: org-latex-default-figure-position "H"
>
> Of course, this assumes, `org-export-allow-bind-keywords' is non-nil.

Thanks - perfectly.
But I assume, I could also set them via file local variables, which I
did with `org-export-allow-bind-keywords'.

Thanks,

Rainer

@ 2015-06-09  7:24     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-06-09  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> But I assume, I could also set them via file local variables, which I
> did with `org-export-allow-bind-keywords'.

I don't think there's any guarantee that all local file keywords
definitions are observed during export (e.g., most of the export process
happens in temporary buffers), hence #+BIND keywords.

* Re: Specifying ATTR_LATEX document wide?
@ 2015-06-09  7:53       ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2015-06-09  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:
>
>> But I assume, I could also set them via file local variables, which I
>> did with `org-export-allow-bind-keywords'.
>
> I don't think there's any guarantee that all local file keywords
> definitions are observed during export (e.g., most of the export process
> happens in temporary buffers), hence #+BIND keywords.

Thanks for the clarification. Is there a technical or security reason
for this? because especially for export, file local variables would make
sense to avoid the #+BIND keywords?

Rainer

@ 2015-06-15 19:57         ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-06-15 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> Thanks for the clarification. Is there a technical or security reason
> for this? because especially for export, file local variables would make
> sense to avoid the #+BIND keywords?

ISTR there is a technical reason for this. Under some circumstances,
local variables are not activated during export. I cannot remember which
ones, unfortunately.

Also, unlike to local variables, BIND keywords can be set through
SETUPFILE keywords.

* Re: Specifying ATTR_LATEX document wide?
@ 2015-06-16 10:28           ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2015-06-16 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode