* Jumping between source blocks in a file
@ 2015-11-27 13:59 Andrew Kirkpatrick
From: Andrew Kirkpatrick @ 2015-11-27 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On the emacs subreddit, someone recently asked if there was a command
to jump between babel source blocks while editing them. I couldn't
find such a command but liked the idea so I implemented it. My
implementation can be invoked from org-mode or org-src-mode. If a C-u
prefix is supplied, the edit is aborted rather than exited retaining
edits.

If this is deemed useful, I'm happy to make changes suitable for
inclusion in the project.

Cheers

(defun my-babel-src-jump (arg jump-fn)
  (let* ((minor-modes (cl-remove-if-not (lambda (x)
                                          (and (boundp x) (symbol-value x)))
                                        minor-mode-list)))
    (when (member 'org-src-mode minor-modes)
      (if (equal arg '(4))
          (org-edit-src-abort)
        (org-edit-src-exit)))
    (when (eq major-mode 'org-mode)
      (funcall jump-fn)
      (org-edit-src-code))))

(defun my-babel-edit-next (arg)
  (interactive "P")
  (my-babel-src-jump arg #'org-babel-next-src-block))

(defun my-babel-edit-previous (arg)
  (interactive "P")
  (my-babel-src-jump arg #'org-babel-previous-src-block))