* How to represent this in Org-mode
@ 2014-08-13 11:41 Marcin Borkowski
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2014-08-13 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

now that I learned how to use a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
So I want to use Org-mode for this; my question is, did anyone do
anything similar and has some suggestions how to structure this
material?

I'm going to prepare a course in mathematical analysis (together with
the former-Scrivener-user-friend, btw).  The course will be divided
into very small modules (one proof, for instance, will correspond to
*at least* one module, and often more).  We want to emphasize the
connections between the ideas behind the theorems, proofs and
calculation methods, so basically the whole material will be divided
into these modules and partially ordered by the relation "... has to be
studied before ...".  How to represent such a partially ordered set in
Org-mode?  One idea that comes to my mind is writing a normal outline
(tree) with all the modules (possibly nested), and including links to
all "prerequisites" in every such module.  Any other ideas?

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University