* babel for sml?
@ 2015-09-23 13:21 Lawrence Bottorff
From: Lawrence Bottorff @ 2015-09-23 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is there no babel language support for Standard ML? I see a ob-sml at elpa.
. .

LB

* Re: babel for sml?
@ 2015-09-23 14:10 ` Ista Zahn
From: Ista Zahn @ 2015-09-23 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't understand. You see ob-sml, but you ask if there is no
support? From the looks of it, ob-sml provides babel language support
for Standard ML, no?

Best,
Ista

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 9:21 AM, Lawrence Bottorff <borgauf@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there no babel language support for Standard ML? I see a ob-sml at elpa.
> . .
>
> LB

* Re: babel for sml?
@ 2015-09-23 15:49   ` Lawrence Bottorff
From: Lawrence Bottorff @ 2015-09-23 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

The babel language page does in fact list SML, but no specific ob- package
is mentioned -- as if support is "built-in." And ob-sml -- at least in my
elpa listing -- says only

 Requires: sml-mode-6.4

I was confused by the summary. I did install it and it works, BTW.

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 2:10 PM, Ista Zahn <istazahn@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't understand. You see ob-sml, but you ask if there is no
> support? From the looks of it, ob-sml provides babel language support
> for Standard ML, no?
>
> Best,
> Ista
>
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 9:21 AM, Lawrence Bottorff <borgauf@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Is there no babel language support for Standard ML? I see a ob-sml at
> elpa.
> > . .
> >
> > LB

* Re: babel for sml?
@ 2015-09-23 16:13     ` Ista Zahn
From: Ista Zahn @ 2015-09-23 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've added a link from
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages.html to the ob-sml
github project.

Best,
Ista

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 11:49 AM, Lawrence Bottorff <borgauf@gmail.com> wrote:
> The babel language page does in fact list SML, but no specific ob- package
> is mentioned -- as if support is "built-in." And ob-sml -- at least in my
> elpa listing -- says only
>
>  Requires: sml-mode-6.4
>
> I was confused by the summary. I did install it and it works, BTW.
>
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 2:10 PM, Ista Zahn <istazahn@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I don't understand. You see ob-sml, but you ask if there is no
>> support? From the looks of it, ob-sml provides babel language support
>> for Standard ML, no?
>>
>> Best,
>> Ista
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 9:21 AM, Lawrence Bottorff <borgauf@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Is there no babel language support for Standard ML? I see a ob-sml at
>> > elpa.
>> > . .
>> >
>> > LB

* Re: babel for sml?
@ 2015-09-23 16:44     ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2015-09-23 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aloha Lawrence,

Lawrence Bottorff <borgauf@gmail.com> writes:

> The babel language page does in fact list SML, but no specific ob- package
> is mentioned -- as if support is "built-in."

When the entry in the Documentation column is empty it means that there
is no documentation outside of the source code (or that the
documentation wasn't found by the person editing the table).  Nowadays,
it is the "built-in" languages in core that mostly lack documentation,
although the documentation for languages outside core is sometimes
minimal.

Volunteer ob-* documentation writers welcome!

hth,
Tom
--
Thomas S. Dye