* Missing Agenda Export in ICS
@ 2014-09-09 10:46 SabreWolfy
From: SabreWolfy @ 2014-09-09 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm using Org-mode 8.2.7c. I exported my Agenda with "C-x C-w" and specified
an ICS file, which I then imported into Google Calendar. Many events
appeared, but some did not. An example of one, which did not appear, was a
standard timestamp event, where other "standard" ones also appeared. What
are the reasons that an item would not export?

------
* Diary
** Entry does not work
<2014-09-15 Mon 18:00-20:00>
-----

This entry does not appear in the export. Other similar ones do appear.

* Re: Missing Agenda Export in ICS
@ 2014-09-09 15:30 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2014-09-09 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SabreWolfy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tuesday,  9 Sep 2014 at 10:46, SabreWolfy wrote:
> I'm using Org-mode 8.2.7c. I exported my Agenda with "C-x C-w" and specified
> an ICS file, which I then imported into Google Calendar. Many events
> appeared, but some did not. An example of one, which did not appear, was a
> standard timestamp event, where other "standard" ones also appeared. What
> are the reasons that an item would not export?

Have you looked at the actual calendar entry in the ics file?
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.1, Org release_8.3beta-265-g7cf7e4

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Missing Agenda Export in ICS
@ 2014-09-10  7:38   ` SabreWolfy
From: SabreWolfy @ 2014-09-10  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Eric S Fraga <e.fraga <at> ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> Have you looked at the actual calendar entry in the ics file?

The entry does not appear in the ICS file. Some events are being exported,
some are not.

* Re: Missing Agenda Export in ICS
@ 2014-09-10  7:49   ` SabreWolfy
From: SabreWolfy @ 2014-09-10  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Eric S Fraga <e.fraga <at> ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> Have you looked at the actual calendar entry in the ics file?

The entry is not in the ICS file.

* Re: Missing Agenda Export in ICS
@ 2014-09-10  9:07     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2014-09-10  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SabreWolfy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wednesday, 10 Sep 2014 at 07:38, SabreWolfy wrote:
> Eric S Fraga <e.fraga <at> ucl.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> Have you looked at the actual calendar entry in the ics file?
>
> The entry does not appear in the ICS file. Some events are being exported,
> some are not.

Ah, so the problem is with the export from org and not the import into
Google's calendar.  Your original post was ambiguous!

Have you tried exporting that entry alone?  Have you looked at the
*Messages* buffer for any errors?  What is the entry just before the one
that doesn't export?  In other words, what have you looked at?
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-320-gb5c9de

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Missing Agenda Export in ICS
@ 2014-09-10  9:24       ` SabreWolfy
From: SabreWolfy @ 2014-09-10  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Eric S Fraga <e.fraga <at> ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> Ah, so the problem is with the export from org and not the import into
> Google's calendar.  Your original post was ambiguous!

Yes. Thanks for the suggestion to look at the ICS file as well. I should
have thought of that :)

> Have you tried exporting that entry alone?  Have you looked at the
> *Messages* buffer for any errors?  What is the entry just before the one
> that doesn't export?  In other words, what have you looked at?

No entries of relevance in the *Messages* buffer. I was looking for
suggestions as to *what* I should look at to start trouble-shooting this.

I have solved it though. I was exporting the default "week" view, and
looking for entries further in the future :) I think I assumed that the
"entire" Agenda would be exported, not (just) the current view. If I switch
to the fortnightly view, for example, then the entry in question is
correctly exported.

Apologies for the noise.

* Re: Missing Agenda Export in ICS
@ 2014-09-10 11:20         ` Eric S Fraga