* Slowness in Org - how to disable mouse popups/followings
@ 2011-05-06 10:02 Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2011-05-06 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I am always struggling with performance problemns when using Emacs orgmode under Windows.
Under Linux I do not see slow respsonses for my several and long org files.

Under Windows I run
GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) from trunk 2011-02-16 on LENNART-69DE564 (patched)

Hovering with the emouse over the Emacs windows I see some popups showing up very slowly.
Emacs also highlights the links in my org files when moving the mouse over it.
This all semmes to slow down Emacs a lot - under Windows ...

I do not need the special mouse functionality in Orgmode.
Is there a way to deactivate the highlighting of links etc.?

I searched a bit in the custom variables but did not find the right places.

-- Rainer